Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Brands that come to mind

Orikoru, I think my son has the uniflex shaft in his Calaway XR Hot Irons. The pro said it is a shaft that adapts to your swing speed so covers regular and stiff to a degree. He is a stiff person and they work beautifully for him. I swing them, uber slow, and they are nice for me as well. Clever.

Back to your point , and that of PJ, whilst Mizuno and Titleist offer game improvement irons my perception of both brands is they are high end, low h/c clubs. Clearly this is not entirely true but that is what perceptions, marketing, brand placement etc is about. Pure strikers want to get Mizuno's so is it any wonder high h/c are intimidated by them even if they offer a game improvers option? Perhaps I should try them at some stage, or will I just feel unworthy to hold them?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Orikoru, I think my son has the uniflex shaft in his Calaway XR Hot Irons. The pro said it is a shaft that adapts to your swing speed so covers regular and stiff to a degree. He is a stiff person and they work beautifully for him. I swing them, uber slow, and they are nice for me as well. Clever.

Back to your point , and that of PJ, whilst Mizuno and Titleist offer game improvement irons my perception of both brands is they are high end, low h/c clubs. Clearly this is not entirely true but that is what perceptions, marketing, brand placement etc is about. Pure strikers want to get Mizuno's so is it any wonder high h/c are intimidated by them even if they offer a game improvers option? Perhaps I should try them at some stage, or will I just feel unworthy to hold them?
    I don't hate them, I just feel if 'uniflex' was decent tech I'd be hearing a lot more about it in a lot more iron sets, and you just don't. Other manufacturers have all stuck to the regular/stiff concept and there must be a reason I'd have thought.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 still 22.9!

I did wonder about that when he sold us the irons, is it snake oil?, but my son tried a number of different irons and the results were best with the Callaways. They were not the most expensive on the day and he did not push us down that route. He has had them for two years, swing is even faster now, but they still work well for him.

The problem is if you have a doubt about any part of your clubs it eats away at you and you stop trusting it. Time to move them on as you will struggle to regain that confidence.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter