Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    Challenge Tour Pro Sats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    581

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Driver: Callaway
    Fairway & Hybrid: None to me, I feel like there's no real 'hybrid/fairway' brand
    Irons: Mizuno
    Wedges: Cleveland
    Putter: Scotty Cameron
    Ball: Titleist
    Game Improvement: Again most companies spring to mind, save mizuno/titleist.
    Driver: CALLAWAY XR 9.5° ♠ Fairway: CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 16° ♠ Hybrid: CALLAWAY XR 19°/22º ♠ Irons: MIZUNO JPX EZ Forged 5-PW ♠ Wedges: CALLAWAY MD3 52°/58° ♠ Putter: BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8

  2. #32
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Just watching Rick shiels doing 5 years of ping drivers

    Explains ping always released 2 club sets a g and an I

    The g more game improvement

    I for better player

    Explains why I always think of them as game improvement

    I used to have all g15 from lw- driver

    Still use the 5 wood

  3. #33
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    357

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Perceptions are interesting. I think Ping/titleist excel in a lot of the markets.

    Putters - Scotty's/ odyssey and Ping
    Wedges - Titleist, Ping
    irons - Game improvers - Ping, Taylormade, Callaway, Cobra
    irons - better player/pro - Nike, Titleist, Mizuno
    hybrids - Every manufacture
    Woods - Taylormade, Ping, Callaway recently
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

  4. #34
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeysafc100 View Post
    Perceptions are interesting. I think Ping/titleist excel in a lot of the markets.

    Putters - Scotty's/ odyssey and Ping
    Wedges - Titleist, Ping
    irons - Game improvers - Ping, Taylormade, Callaway, Cobra
    irons - better player/pro - Nike, Titleist, Mizuno
    hybrids - Every manufacture
    Woods - Taylormade, Ping, Callaway recently
    I'd of never had ping down for wedges personally

    But then that's the whole point!

  5. #35

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Driver: Taylor Made, Callaway
    Fairway: None
    Hybrid: Cobra (I'm new to hybrids and love my F6)

    Irons: Ping
    Wedges: Cleveland, Vokey
    Putter: Scotty Cameron
    Ball: Titleist

  6. #36
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeysafc100 View Post
    irons - Game improvers - Ping, Taylormade, Callaway, Cobra
    irons - better player/pro - Nike, Titleist, Mizuno
    Mizuno do a decent line in game improvers as well though don't they? Wouldn't the standard JPX range fall under that?
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 still 22.9!

  7. #37
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Mizuno do a decent line in game improvers as well though don't they? Wouldn't the standard JPX range fall under that?
    I think everyone does a game improvement iron

    Titliest Ap1s are one of the most underused game improvement iron apparently ..... they are super forgiving but overlooked because people see Titliest as the better player brand

    I never thought id play titliest until I looked into it
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

  8. #38
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    I think everyone does a game improvement iron

    Titliest Ap1s are one of the most underused game improvement iron apparently ..... they are super forgiving but overlooked because people see Titliest as the better player brand

    I never thought id play titliest until I looked into it
    I know I shouldn't just take their word for it, but I often look at Golfbidder's handicap guide for an indication of who they're aimed at. So if it shows the full bar of 0-28 I consider them game improvers pretty much. The 716 AP1s they have as 0-21 ish. JPX900 Hot Metal they have as 0-28. All the different Ping G* versions are 0-28 of course. The JPX900s are the ones I have my eye on actually, but I'm waiting for price to come down a bit (or I might just get JPX850s).
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 still 22.9!

  9. #39
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    I know I shouldn't just take their word for it, but I often look at Golfbidder's handicap guide for an indication of who they're aimed at. So if it shows the full bar of 0-28 I consider them game improvers pretty much. The 716 AP1s they have as 0-21 ish. JPX900 Hot Metal they have as 0-28. All the different Ping G* versions are 0-28 of course. The JPX900s are the ones I have my eye on actually, but I'm waiting for price to come down a bit (or I might just get JPX850s).
    weird that different companies have different ratings

    american golf have AP1s up to 28 handicap

    I use them and im off 27 now and have got my first cut using them

    struggling with my irons recently but down to swing changes which are finally bedding in and now im striking them well again (fingers crossed for today)
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

  10. #40
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Brands that come to mind

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    weird that different companies have different ratings

    american golf have AP1s up to 28 handicap

    I use them and im off 27 now and have got my first cut using them

    struggling with my irons recently but down to swing changes which are finally bedding in and now im striking them well again (fingers crossed for today)
    I don't have a lot of faith in my irons really. I've had them over a year now, back when I bought them I had no idea which irons to get as I didn't look into at anywhere near as much as I do nowadays. They are 'uniflex' which is somewhere between regular and stiff I guess but I never hear of that with any other irons to be honest. And I never see or hear of anyone else using Warbird irons. Would love a new set if I can get hold of the funds.

    Edit: Sorry, gone off topic a bit here - it is kind of on topic though since I'll be looking at game improvers as discussed!
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 still 22.9!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Golfer Pays $210,000 For A Lesson With Tiger Woods

How much would you pay for a lesson with Tiger?

December 13, 2017

Southwood Golf Course To Close

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough is to close and will be turned into a natural green space

December 13, 2017

10 New Year’s Resolutions For Every Golfer

A new year calls for new resolutions. It’s time to wipe the worries of 2017 away and start over with a fresh new slate. Dust off your clubs, stock up on tees and forget about all those three putts. Enjoy your golf game even more this season by taking up these New Year’s resolutions. By Sam Tremlett

December 12, 2017

Golf To Scrap Viewer Call-Ins On Rules Infringements

Golf's governing bodies have responded to the Lexi Thompson debacle in April

December 11, 2017

Shubhankar Sharma wins Joburg Open

Shubhankar Sharma of India held his nerve to win the weather-delayed Joburg Open at the Randpark Golf Club by three shots from South Africa’s Erik Van Rooyen.

December 11, 2017