Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Price of new irons

Quote Originally Posted by mhwgc View Post
    I just went with the price on the Titleist web site and I'm sure you can buy used clubs for a lot less but that's not really the point is it?
    The point is you can buy them brand new for less than £150 per iron. Plenty of places have them for sale for less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ger147 View Post
    The point is you can buy them brand new for less than £150 per iron. Plenty of places have them for sale for less than that.
    Yes that's true but they're still around £900, prices just seem to have been slowly creeping up.
    Handicap 8Titleist 917D2 10.*, Titleist 16.5* , Titleist CB & MB Combo. Vokey SM6.From:- Scotty Cameron Tour Napa, James Ingles 28g.

Tour Winner

Yes that's true but they're still around £900, prices just seem to have been slowly creeping up.
    My point is if you're gonna talk about price increases then use the actual prices they are generally for sale at rather than the RRP, which was also the point previously made by another poster which you seemed to have confused with the prices of 2nd hand equipment or end of line stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ger147 View Post
    My point is if you're gonna talk about price increases then use the actual prices they are generally for sale at rather than the RRP, which was also the point previously made by another poster which you seemed to have confused with the prices of 2nd hand equipment or end of line stock.
    The previous poster commented on his MP4's being under £800 3 years ago and the new replacements being a £1000.
    I wasn't going to look at every price on the net but was just making the point of the increases that's all!
    Handicap 8Titleist 917D2 10.*, Titleist 16.5* , Titleist CB & MB Combo. Vokey SM6.From:- Scotty Cameron Tour Napa, James Ingles 28g.

Tour Winner

The previous poster commented on his MP4's being under £800 3 years ago and the new replacements being a £1000.
    I wasn't going to look at every price on the net but was just making the point of the increases that's all!
    Another poster also made the point that you can get this year's brand new MB irons for less than £150 a club.

But we're going round in circles and as we're now agreed that they are generally available for less than £150 per club then it's over and out from me...

I bought some Vokey wedges a couple of years back for around £75 each now they're about £125 i believe
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    I bought some Vokey wedges a couple of years back for around £75 each now they're about £125 i believe
    vokeys always seem to be £120 now for brand new unless you shop around

my mate can do SM6 for example for £80 each I think he said but thats mates rates no profit kinda thing
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

I think it's also worth checking what your golf insurance equipment limit is. If drivers are about £400, fairway woods £150 each, iron sets £900+ and wedges £120 each + a putter and bag and you're knocking on the door of £2k.

my MP 4 came in at £99 per club and were 3-pW the new ones are £130 plus for the same spec
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Trouble is, labour rates in China have gone up markedly in the last few years. Now we can no longer exploit foreign workers to the extent we were , we have to pay the price.