Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Tour Rookie drewster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lincolnshire Wolds
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Price of new irons

    I got a fantastic price on my new AP3's which resulted in me paying c110 each . Still pricey I agree but 150 per club is only rrp. I know how this sounds to some but if you pay that much you're mad !!
    2016: 12.7,12.4,11.8,11.6,11.7.11.8,11.8,11.4,11.5,11.5, 11.6,11.7,10.3,10.4,10.5,10.5,9.9
    2017: 9.9,10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4,9.6,9.4,9.5,9.6,9.7,9 .8,9.9.9.9,10.0,10.0
    AR: 11.0
    2018: 11.1,11.2

  2. #22
    Journeyman Pro Bunkermagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Price of new irons

    Whilst I don't disagree some of the prices quoted are quite fruity, no-one makes you or anyone buy the stuff.
    I think that we as a society are now too used to always having and wanting the latest of this, that or anything and are too sucked into the marketing gumpf these companies spout. We feed the monster they have created, and happily so.
    Forever trying.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,856

    Re: Price of new irons

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Whilst I don't disagree some of the prices quoted are quite fruity, no-one makes you or anyone buy the stuff.
    I think that we as a society are now too used to always having and wanting the latest of this, that or anything and are too sucked into the marketing gumpf these companies spout. We feed the monster they have created, and happily so.
    Exactly. It's a consumer decision and if you have the income then crack on. The prices are only going to go one way on new releases and so for me, the days of getting clubs soon after release are gone. I'll wait a while and wait for some deals, or even the next release and get the previous version

  4. #24
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Havering
    Posts
    2,169

    Re: Price of new irons

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Exactly. It's a consumer decision and if you have the income then crack on. The prices are only going to go one way on new releases and so for me, the days of getting clubs soon after release are gone. I'll wait a while and wait for some deals, or even the next release and get the previous version
    However means no custom fit which many bang on about

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,856

    Re: Price of new irons

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    However means no custom fit which many bang on about
    Not sure it means that as many places will offset the cost of the fitting from the price.

  6. #26
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    394

    Re: Price of new irons

    MATE - get yourself fitted and you then know your specs

    Then search for a used set

    I went to Callaway - had a fab fitting - for my idea spec and bought a nearly new set four weeks later - they had been used for four rounds and cost me 500 compared to their 895 new price

  7. #27
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Price of new irons

    this is what i did. paid 50 for a fitting with the tm P770 to get my spec and buy them next year. however, i bucked and Baught the new ap2.

    i spent the 50 credit on a wedge

  8. #28
    Head Pro Yant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    299

    Re: Price of new irons

    A 5 year old set of Mizuno irons (new and unused) will set you back around 450. Half the price of today's new ones.
    • Gog Magog Golf Club Member
    • Woodford Golf Club Member
    • TaylorMade M1 Driver, 9 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 3 Wood, 14 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 5 Wood, 19 stiff
    • Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Project X 6.0
    • Vokey SM5 wedges (52, 55, 60)
    • TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    • Titleist Pro V1 ball

  9. #29
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    14,311

    Re: Price of new irons

    Quote Originally Posted by Yant View Post
    A 5 year old set of Mizuno irons (new and unused) will set you back around 450. Half the price of today's new ones.
    i would expect to pay half that at most for a 5 year old set of clubs

  10. #30
    Head Pro Yant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    299

    Re: Price of new irons

    But i don't think you are getting something worth double the cost. The 5 year old set are going to be just as good.
    • Gog Magog Golf Club Member
    • Woodford Golf Club Member
    • TaylorMade M1 Driver, 9 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 3 Wood, 14 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 5 Wood, 19 stiff
    • Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Project X 6.0
    • Vokey SM5 wedges (52, 55, 60)
    • TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    • Titleist Pro V1 ball

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Betting Tips

The GM Tipster is having another good season, check out who he thinks will do well with these Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Betting Tips

April 24, 2018

Volvo China Open Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is back in Asia this week, check out who the Golf Monthly Tipster has picked to do well with these Volvo China Open Golf Betting Tips

April 24, 2018

Volvo China Open Leaderboard, Preview, TV Times

The European Tour is in China this week for the Volvo China Open at Topwin Golf & CC in Beijing

April 24, 2018

Zurich Classic Preview, TV Times

The Zurich Classic returns this week and there's a strong field assembled at TPC Louisiana

April 24, 2018

WATCH: Jesper Parnevik Makes Incredible Par

Check out this par from Jesper Parnevik at the weekend

April 23, 2018