Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Re: Annual end of term report

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    On this same note...

A year ago I think my best score round 18 holes was 93 or 94, whereas it's now 85.

A year ago I was chopping and changing drivers trying to find one I could hit, whereas now I have one I really like and it's one of the better clubs in my bag.

A year ago I couldn't putt to save my life, but now, I can't putt to save my life.
    year ago my best round was an 87 on a course near me.. but it has a lot of par 3s so its easier than the course down the road that my best score was 98

this year ive hit 95 on the course I hit 98 on so a 3 shot improvement

ive hit a 90 (when I had my best round I think ive played) on a par 72

and ive broken 100 on 16 occasions this year

last year I reckon it was a lot less (without looking)
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

A solid C😢
    To be fair it was going to be a difficult year, moving from a reasonably straightforward course to a much tougher and longer one was always going to mean a struggle for a while.
    Loving playing at The Zoo and I'm starting to get to grips with where to put the ball and how it's going to react on slopes etc.
    Hit buffer in then last 2 comps of the season after 4 X 0.1s on the bounce.
    It's not a course where driver is the first choice off the tee on most holes - for me anyway.
    I probably only use the driver 5 times and even then I don't have to - so the fairway woods are getting a lot more use off the tee.
    Par is 73 and I'm still to break 80 in a proper round although I shot 80 last week..
    My game disappeared for the H4H games, indeed at Hankley I doubt I've played as badly for years...
    But it's back and humming... looking forward to the Spring and hopefully getting back to a more respectable handicap.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Q-School Graduate

There is no end of term where I play comps every week throughout the whole year, joys of living in the West Country.

Up and down year this year for me so far up to 10 twice and back to 9.1 currently with a years start at 8.6.

Money List Winner

Would give myself a B, 36 qualifiers drop in handicap of 0.8. Won 3 majors and an area knockout. I have played 45 different course, 12 new to me, including Sandiway, Little Aston, Royal Lytham (twice)
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by louise_a View Post
    Would give myself a B, 36 qualifiers drop in handicap of 0.8. Won 3 majors and an area knockout. I have played 45 different course, 12 new to me, including Sandiway, Little Aston, Royal Lytham (twice)
    Blimey! What do you have to do to get an A?
    Clubs - Various wooden woods. xVarious bladed irons. xVarious strange old putters. xxxIt's not all about the score. xx
    Handicap - 12.0

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Blimey! What do you have to do to get an A?
    Yes that's an A from me .
    Any year you win a Major is a great year just ask Sergio.

Tour Rookie

Started on 6.0 finished on 6.0
    Turned sixty last week so not to bad.
    Played some nice golf but some bad golf as well.
    so B+ as I have a major playoff to play due to OP being injured , so if I win will be a good A.

Challenge Tour Pro

Crap, started on 4.1 and finished on 4.2 but I only played 6 rounds of golf all year and just 1 in a comp.

Will be back at Silloth on Solway next season and will be expecting to play more golf but it will be exclusively competition golf as work and young family mean course time is limited.
    Callaway XR 9°
    Ping Anser 14.5°
    Srixon Z U45 18°
    Srixon Z 745 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 50°, 56°, 60°
    Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider

Hcap - 4

Head Pro

My two goals for the year, were firstly to keep my handicap competitive, and to keep it at 10, preferably in the 9.x region. I played enough comps to keep it competitive, I did sneak up to 11 for one round, but a nice cut saw me back to 9.9. Add in the trip to Sunningdale & New Zealand, plus a 72 in a practice round - will give myself a B+.

8.2 down to 6.6 then upto 6.8. I'm pleased with my season although for a while I fancied getting to six, so i do feel slightly peeved. I played 16 qualifiers in total (most ever) and had 8 x 0.1's , 4 buffers and 4 cuts. Half the rounds were in the 70's (breaking 80 is always a goal) which was my most ever. Whilst I've not threatened any club competitions, a big highlight was taking home the trophy and a few sheckels from the Sunningdale and New Zealand forum trip !  

Course wise , Sunningdale, Hoylake, Hamilton Island, New Zealand and Sandiway the favourites this year. I've probably played more 'opens' than ever with friends from work and also plenty of outings with the NW crew. Local courses that I have enjoyed in social games/opens would include Stockport, Pleasington, Fairhaven, Hesketh, Manchester, Mere, SAOL, Bramhall Park, Huyton & Prescot, Warrington and also Bolton Old Links. All were in fantastic condition, as was my home club Lymm. Safe to say i've really enjoyed the season................ Here's hoping for a mild Winter !!!  
    H/cap 6.7,