Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Time Up For Strachan

Surely even Stewart Regan can see it's not worked?

Ryder Cup Winner

Re: Time Up For Strachan

I'd be inclined to let him have a go at Euro's qualification. He hit the post with this latest campaign so deserves another crack IMO, unbeaten in 6 qualifiers now

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I'd be inclined to let him have a go at Euro's qualification. He hit the post with this latest campaign so deserves another crack IMO, unbeaten in 6 qualifiers now
    I think it's time for him to go. Poor team selection yesterday, only Griffiths capable of getting a goal in that team, no scoring threat from the midfield he picked. McGregor and McGinn both in great goal scoring form, yet he persists with the likes of Morrison. As for the subs, Anya is terrible, no wonder he can't get a game for Derby, and Fletcher is washed up.

It's just genetics...or so he claims.
    Of course, he himself is a hulking 6ft2 10second 100m sprinter muscle man.....
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    I think it's time for him to go. Poor team selection yesterday, only Griffiths capable of getting a goal in that team, no scoring threat from the midfield he picked. McGregor and McGinn both in great goal scoring form, yet he persists with the likes of Morrison. As for the subs, Anya is terrible, no wonder he can't get a game for Derby, and Fletcher is washed up.
    Fletcher is rated Scotlands best player last night by the BBC. Say's everything I think. The pool of players available to Scotland managers is shrinking as fast as English players available to Southgate, in fact managers of any of the home nations are struggling for players. All of you who have had Sky footie for the last 20 years can now hang your heads in shame. The game is now full of imported players who do nothing but fall over and roll about on the ground.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    Agree with this above, time for a change. A poor start to the campaign cost us, after 3 games I thought it was all over but they rallied a bit at least. Will unlikely get an easier qualifying group than this either for some time. Doesn't bother or surprise me we aren't in Russia, so many European countries with limited spaces, just gets harder. Even getting a playoff spot would have been unlikely to come through. Realism is we dont have enough footballing talent and according to Strachan the genes to find big hulking players - never stopped Barcelona!
    Of the current team Griffiths and Tierney have some talent, maybe Robertson, Mcgrgeor, McGinn and Snodgrass have something about them, rest are dead average at best. Would be nice for the faithful who follow them around regardless to get a tournament to attend, 1998 is a long time ago now.

Tour Winner

I think he's done enough to decide for himself if his time is up or he wants to step down, but with a year till our next competitive match I hope a few of the old guard are put out to pasture to make space for some of the up and coming younger guys to come into the team.

Ryder Cup Winner

I think Strachan should stay on board until the Euros........seven games unbeaten, since when did Scotland last do that ?
    Who would you replace him with ? No stand out candidate, Moyes surely not.

There are some good young players coming though unfortunately for us they all seem to be defenders.
    The players are right behind Strachan and he is very loyal to them.
    Good to see a manager who ignores the fans/press favourites and sticks with his format.

Ifs and buts and we could have made the finals.
    Would the fans still be calling for his head or claiming him as a hero.

PS Great to see the Tartan Army giving the team and manager a standing ovation at the final whistle.
    How many other team's fans would you see doing that, not many.
    Last edited by Doon frae Troon; 09-Oct-2017 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    I think Strachan should stay on board until the Euros........seven games unbeaten, since when did Scotland last do that ?
    Who would you replace him with ? No stand out candidate, Moyes surely not.

There are some good young players coming though unfortunately for us they all seem to be defenders.
    The players are right behind Strachan and he is very loyal to them.
    Good to see a manager who ignores the fans/press favourites and sticks with his format.

Ifs and buts and we could have made the finals.
    Would the fans still be calling for his head or claiming him as a hero.
    Football is about results, Strachan didn't get enough good ones to matter ultimately. 7 games unbeaten is decent for us but apart from the 3-0 away win in Lithuania rest were nothing special. In qualifying just 4 wins out of 10 with two of those against Malta so only 2 wins from 8 against the non-diddy sides. Think he might call it a day personally, has given it his best.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Fletcher is rated Scotlands best player last night by the BBC. Say's everything I think.
    I was talking about the subs - Steven Fletcher. Not Darren.