Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: End of season handicap results/ stories/ excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by jamielaing View Post
    Started the season at 5.9. Went up and down like a yo-yo but unfortunately on an upward trajectory. Late season resurgence has me back to 5.9 having had my lowest ever handicap of 5.8 last me 12 hours!

3 or 4 qualifiers to go..... I think my dream of playing off 4 is out of reach for this season. A couple of good rounds may make a decent season though.
    You playing those at Duddy, Jaimie? I played the comp weekend before last and decided that was it for me for the year - course just too muddy off the fairways and greens not quite there any more.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    You playing those at Duddy, Jaimie? I played the comp weekend before last and decided that was it for me for the year - course just too muddy off the fairways and greens not quite there any more.
    handicap protection
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    handicap protection
    Wouldn't want to start next season with an unfair advantage!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Started the year on 24.7 and currently on 24.3, so a slight improvement. I am definitely playing more consistently though and I am just one good score with a card in my hand of getting a good reduction. One qualifier to go this season so you never know.

the season has been more of the same for me for the first half of it recovering from my injury .but with my leg injury slowly starting to improve the season saw me playing the odd round and a good few range sessions. i played Smiffys Cooden day and being teamed with a fellow Brighton fan and a Palace fan [kertooey spits]we managed a very creditable podium finnish all be it with a generous h/cap being given by Smiffy to offset my long layoff from the course.
    a few weeks later and only one more round inbetween i played in a charity event run by a good friend. again a generous h/cap was given ,this time only three shots compared to Smiffys four i just missed out on a podium finnish scoring 38 pts ,but winning the longest drive .a couple of weeks later saw my club champs and i managed to wangle myself a spot ,this time playing off scratch as my h/cap had long since lost its C .
    a dismal day for golf ensued .three weeks later and im at East Brighton with my brother in law.keeping a card saw me after a rather lousy 8 on the first hole manage to get round in a very respectable 83 [par 71].my h/cap is or was 14 so the game is coming back . i do need a buggy to get round now but what the hell ,im back playing .
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

Started on 18 exact and got off to a rocky start climbing to 18.4. thought I was heading to 19 and rescued back to 17.5 then down to 13.9 two rounds later. Couple of 0.1's and buffers and ending the season at 14.3. A nice 2017 for me.

I think my new irons were to thank for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwichBanana View Post
    I'll make a full thread about my achievements after next weeks final comp of the year, but very brief.

October 2016 said I wanted this 2017 to be my year - Working all winter at the driving range on everything!

Stood on 1st Tee on April 1st with a 21.2 handicap

5 trophy wins and the Clock comp (20 comps over the year, scores are given points - Net level par = 5 points every shot under par = 2 points, shot over par =-1 point until you score 0 points. No minus points.) win under my belt I type this as a 7.7 handicap golfer!

I also finished 2nd on count back in the club championship handicap, and numerous other 2nds in weekly medal and stablefords!

So go back to October 2016 and say YES this was my year!
    Thats totally bananas. You have to be the most improved golfer of in the country.
    Unbelievable!

Set a goal of 8.0 and managed to achieve exactly 8.0 from 11.7.

Unfortunately got injured for the Medal Final which I was gutted about but a great season and a good 160 in winnings from competitions.

Success was down to a sheer lack of practice, no warming up and not give a flying monkeys about what I shoot.

Also shot my best round ever of 4 over 76 which round Worksop is extremely good as the CSS is usually 75/76.

Bring on next season
    The Bats:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero
    Titleist 915F 3 Wood
    Cobra KING 2 Iron
    Titleist AP2 716
    Titleist Vokey 50, 56, 60
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red

Handicap 2017:
    11.6 > 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorwichBanana View Post
    I'll make a full thread about my achievements after next weeks final comp of the year, but very brief.

October 2016 said I wanted this 2017 to be my year - Working all winter at the driving range on everything!

Stood on 1st Tee on April 1st with a 21.2 handicap

5 trophy wins and the Clock comp (20 comps over the year, scores are given points - Net level par = 5 points every shot under par = 2 points, shot over par =-1 point until you score 0 points. No minus points.) win under my belt I type this as a 7.7 handicap golfer!

I also finished 2nd on count back in the club championship handicap, and numerous other 2nds in weekly medal and stablefords!

So go back to October 2016 and say YES this was my year!
    Great effort. Surely the biggest drop on here this year (if not ever in a year)

At the grand age of 65 and after about 25 odd medals I've still finished the season cat 1. Its getting harder each year but I'm hanging on. Won a couple of medals and got to a couple of finals but finished runner up. Hey ho.
    Practice, you only get out what you put in, but I'm having second thoughts. In my bag this week Callaway driver, 3 and 5 wood. Titleist 909 21 degree utility, Titleist 909 19 degree utility with TM Vsteel 5 wood shaft, Srixon Z 745/945 irons Nippon shafts, Vokey 200 series wedges 50 and 58. Odyssey works cruiser putter, Prov1x, HC 5.
    www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
    www.dunbar-golfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo21 View Post
    At the grand age of 65 and after about 25 odd medals I've still finished the season cat 1. Its getting harder each year but I'm hanging on. Won a couple of medals and got to a couple of finals but finished runner up. Hey ho.
    Good to hear there's still some life in some of us old dogs
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5