Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: End of season handicap results/ stories/ excuses.

Started at 10, finished there too. Only one small cut and a crazy buffer %, ran out of season really. I was away so much (both work and for fun) that my season never really got going until September. I do feel like I've reached a higher level though so I'm excited to see what 2018 brings.
    1W, 3W, 3h Titleist 915
    4i Titleist 716 TM-B
    5i - PW Mizuno MP54
    51, 55* Vokey SM2
    Odyssey RX7
    H/c 10

Head Pro

a season of a swing overhaul.
    best score 69 (one under)
    Worst score 101
    Handicap high 9.7
    Handicap low 6.0
    Handicap - 6.7

To many .1s and to many simple mistakes! must improve mental strength!
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Started at 15.2, dropped to 14. Only had two 0.1's so been really consistent without having a stand-out round. Signed up for the Winter performance package with our pro so hoping to make some good changes over the winter and have a good season next season.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by NorwichBanana View Post
    I'll make a full thread about my achievements after next weeks final comp of the year, but very brief.

October 2016 said I wanted this 2017 to be my year - Working all winter at the driving range on everything!

Stood on 1st Tee on April 1st with a 21.2 handicap

5 trophy wins and the Clock comp (20 comps over the year, scores are given points - Net level par = 5 points every shot under par = 2 points, shot over par =-1 point until you score 0 points. No minus points.) win under my belt I type this as a 7.7 handicap golfer!

I also finished 2nd on count back in the club championship handicap, and numerous other 2nds in weekly medal and stablefords!

So go back to October 2016 and say YES this was my year!
    Overachiever. I hate people like you

No, just kidding. Really impressive improvements.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Head Pro

I'll make a full thread about my achievements after next weeks final comp of the year, but very brief.

October 2016 said I wanted this 2017 to be my year - Working all winter at the driving range on everything!

5 trophy wins and the Clock comp (20 comps over the year, scores are given points - Net level par = 5 points every shot under par = 2 points, shot over par =-1 point until you score 0 points. No minus points.) win under my belt I type this as a 7.7 handicap golfer!

I also finished 2nd on count back in the club championship handicap, and numerous other 2nds in weekly medal and stablefords!

That is unreal! Amazing Achievement! May I ask how old you are? and what did you during the winter on the range? Any specific drills or instruction?
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Last handicap counter of the season yesterday, and it ended as the season began with a .1 so I've finished on 11.6/12 for the year; down 0.9 from season start, which in the grand scheme of things is ok despite getting to 10.7 at one point.

Played some good stuff this year, but a lot more bad stuff... the last 6-8 weeks saw my form fall off a cliff; but still 'C' class champion, runner-up twice in other comps, 3rd in the handicap Order of Merit and a top-20 in the scratch Order Of Merit so can't grumble with this year's work.

No excuses, just didn't put enough practise in.
    Pumpherston Golf Club

In The Bag

(Driver) Taylormade Aeroburner 12deg
    (3-wood) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 15deg
    (5-wood) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 18deg
    (Hybrid) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21deg
    (Irons) PING Karsten 5-SW Green Dot, PING Tour 58deg
    (Putter) PING Sigma G Tyne
    (Balls) Taylormade RBZ Stage2

Tour Rookie

mines going to sound pathetic compared to many on here but progress is progress

started off 28 (been playing years but starting to get proper serious)

ive finished on gamegolf 26.5 and in my societies one of them im off 27 the rest 28 at the moment due to not playing well in some events

I however have won the past 2 society events I have played

societies I find hard to get cut in because you have to play well on day but gamegolf tracks the lot so gamegolf started me off at 30 this year because it lets you go above 28 so to get to 26.5 I think is good progress

considering we just had a baby in june its good that ive managed to keep golf up and improved...
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

This is my first year of club membership. Started on 24, and I'm now 22.9. I think I've only played about 9 competitions though (got another one this Sunday) as I like to play different courses with my mates and so on. So I'm just glad it's gone in the right direction really. I'm playing well enough to get another cut this weekend, but anything can happen on the day of course. I've only actually been cut once, but it was a 1.6 cut since I was four shots under handicap that day and won a medal comp.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 still 22.9!

first season 23 to 14

Peaked in May/June can't put 18 holes together currently, can shoot close to level for 9 then back to hacking around for the other 9.
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

Challenge Tour Pro

Incredible