Head Pro

Putting Mat Advice - Home Purchase - Help Needed!

Hi all

Have a choice of three .....

Pure2improve Putting Mat

ProAdvanced Pro Infinity Putting Mat

Welling Putting Mat

All around the same £100 price

Anyone own one? Offer advice?

Ian
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Re: Putting Mat Advice - Home Purchase - Help Needed!

... The moderator formally known as Gareth

Callaway Woods. Some Cleveland Forged Bits and Bobs and a Lovely Edel Putter.

Tastefully wrapped in Ilac and Scott Readman Concepts Headcovers

2016 Handicap - 13.6>13.1>13.1>11.8> Clause 23 adjustment > 10.8 >10.9>10.9>11.0

The Welling putting mat comes quite highly recommended

However, I have one of these, it's good and decent value (about £50 now I think)

https://youtu.be/s_Yv8rD5uao

It's currently gathering dust like probably 99% of putting mats ever sold, as although we all know it's beneficial it's just so boring once the novelty wears off

I have the Best Track Visible Putt one and I really like it. It comes with a brush that lets you comb the fibres of the mat in different directions and that way gives you four different speeds to practice.

That said I went into the DIY today and got a really cheap leftover piece of astro turf for 8 € and cut it into long strips so that I can now practice putts up to 25 ft in my hallway, which is way longer than any putting mat I know of. It does not feel as nice and smooth as a real putting mat and is a lot faster, but it is cheap and fun (I use the silicon hole that came with the Best Track with it, which works really well, but you can also just use a cup or something). I guess if you are lucky you can score a much better kind of astro turf then the one I got (that was really the cheapest one they have, even at normal price it would have cost me less than 20 € ... if you invest twice that, you get some really decent longer fibre astro turf which should resemble a real green much better).
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter