Thread: Weekend Plans

Head Pro

Weekend Plans

So what are everyone's golfing plans this weekend?
    Not long until winter golf is amongst us so We're off to linden hall tomorrow for a 4 man team event - looking forward to it and quite fitting I started the golf season at linden and now i'll finish it there! fingers crossed for a good knock and weather!
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Re: Weekend Plans

I tend to play football on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning - so we've got Sunday afternoon booked in while there's still just enough to light to get round (tee-time 2:20). In a few weeks I'll have to either shorten that to nine holes or just play when I don't have a footy match. But September-October is the hectic time of the year when I get to play two games of footy and 18 holes of golf in a weekend.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 still 22.9!

Quote Originally Posted by lukeysafc100 View Post
    So what are everyone's golfing plans this weekend?
    Not long until winter golf is amongst us so We're off to linden hall tomorrow for a 4 man team event - looking forward to it and quite fitting I started the golf season at linden and now i'll finish it there! fingers crossed for a good knock and weather!
    My old club, a cracking course. I hope everywhere is dry for you. I never found the course itself to be soggy but the walks inbetween certain holes could get messy. As you have played it before you will know how nice 3 of the par 3's are. My own favourite hole is a par 5, I think the 13. You have to think about every shot you play and the approach onto what is effectively an island green is a lot of fun. Linden is a very good test of golf. Enjoy.

I'm slightly miffed as there is a texas scramble happening at my place on Sunday but my back is not up to scratch so I am having to miss it
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

4 man team comp tomorrow, I'm the highest handicap in our team by two shots.. going out on the lash after, but will be having a few in the clubhouse before getting the train back into Inversneck.

one of the rare times i get to have a drink after golf
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Four Ball Better Ball comp tomorrow... think I'm playing with one of our lot who has a 35 minute pre shot routine! (well it feels like 35 minutes!" I resolve to be polite and try not to rustle the newspaper I am reading while he plays!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Can’t go down the par 3 Saturday morning as I’m off shopping but might sneak out in the afternoon if weather ok.

Sunday is out as I’m busy all day

Tour Rookie

Away day for our group tomorrow. Off to Lyme Regis, one of the only clubs locally to take societies on a Saturday. I do not like the look of the weather though.

Our course is closed today for some regional juniors final, which normally gives the members an opportunity to play some of the other courses in the area for free, but the weather is so lousy today that I don't really bother. I guess I will just go out for the usual Sunday round with my mum tomorrow, if the weather lightens up a little bit. I don't mind some drizzle and a bit of wind, but today the wrath of some weather goddess or other is truly bearing down on us and if it stays like this, I might just give it a pass tomorrow.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Practice and more practice. The start of the revolution

1st winter league match tomorrow
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0