Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much does a complete custom fit cost?

Hi all

I just watched a video on Peter finchs' channel where his dad had a complete bag fitting with Titleist.

I'm assuming that the answer that will come from my question is....how longs a piece of string....but I'm inquisitive.

But I'm interested to know how much a complete bag fitting costs?

Working your way through multiple head and shaft options on all the irons, hybrids, fairway woods, driver and wedges is a pretty big task. And I guess you could get to the end of it all and find that your perfect combo is completely standard. In the video they were even working on the various head weights and installing multiple combos of those etc. It's really made me realise quite what a massive job it could be.

Re: How much does a complete custom fit cost?

Quote Originally Posted by adam6177 View Post
    Hi all

I just watched a video on Peter finchs' channel where his dad had a complete bag fitting with Titleist.

I'm assuming that the answer that will come from my question is....how longs a piece of string....but I'm inquisitive.

Working your way through multiple head and shaft options on all the irons, hybrids, fairway woods, driver and wedges is a pretty big task. And I guess you could get to the end of it all and find that your perfect combo is completely standard. In the video they were even working on the various head weights and installing multiple combos of those etc. It's really made me realise quite what a massive job it could be.
    Depends on what sort of fitting centre you go to. Somewhere like Callaway in Chessington, or Taylormade at Wentworth will obviously only do their brand. I'm sure I saw Callaway were charging £100 for fitted irons at the HQ in Chessington. A whole bag fitting will probably be twice that.

If you went somewhere to get fitted from an array of club manufacturers, the price might be a bit more I guess. Especially since a lot of people will go for the fitting then hunt ebay or whatever for the specs they were fitted for.
    Follow me on Twitter: @dufferman

You hit the nail on the head.....it's a piece of string!

If you came out best with standard shafts throughout then you are looking at around £900 for the irons, £350ish for driver plus £200ish for fairways and hybrids I guess. Start looking at fancy shafts and the price rockets, the shaft in my 915 driver was an additional £175 and I reckon you could easily add another £200-300 for shafts in the irons.

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by adam6177 View Post
    Hi all

I saw that video too and thought it looked cool. It looked a far cry for the standard retail employee in american golf shoving you in the simulator, measuring your swing speed then putting the 'relevant' shaft in that club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndw7 View Post
    I saw that video too and thought it looked cool. It looked a far cry for the standard retail employee in american golf shoving you in the simulator, measuring your swing speed then putting the 'relevant' shaft in that club.
    ha ha I've not even had that level of service in AG.... the most I've ever had was that little plastic board on the ground to see where I strike the club. Never had my swing speed measured. My options have always been stiff or regular....or just whats in the shop.

It is a piece of string. Some pro's will do it free, though they are becoming rarer. Some places will charge you but refunded it against purchases. Others have a fee over and above the cost of the clubs, and no refund.

Best ring round and ask...
    Give it big humpties

A lot of places will take the price of the actual fitting off the cost off the clubs if you buy within a set time period.

Otherwise it depends where you’re fit.

Tour X in Wigan charge a couple hundred for a full bag fitting but obviously you might end up adding price based on what shafts you pick. Somewhere like Tour X are superb fitters though, a lot of pros are good but if you’re a lower handicapper somewhere like Tour X is better, as they’re better at what they do

Quote Originally Posted by xreyuk View Post
    A lot of places will take the price of the actual fitting off the cost off the clubs if you buy within a set time period.

Tour X in Wigan charge a couple hundred for a full bag fitting but obviously you might end up adding price based on what shafts you pick. Somewhere like Tour X are superb fitters though, a lot of pros are good but if you’re a lower handicapper somewhere like Tour X is better, as they’re better at what they do
    A huge big tick for Tour X. Its the only fitting I've had, of 4, that I think came up with the right results, i.e clubs that worked for me.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by xreyuk View Post

+1, i'm a fan......Nick actually doesn't only fit the clubs, he then orders in the components and builds them to your spec. You then try them to make sure they are OK and he then makes any necessary adjustments. As I've said before on here, he used to be on tour with Adams and has built clubs for many a tour pro.
    H/cap 6.7,

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    You hit the nail on the head.....it's a piece of string!

If you came out best with standard shafts throughout then you are looking at around £900 for the irons, £350ish for driver plus £200ish for fairways and hybrids I guess. Start looking at fancy shafts and the price rockets, the shaft in my 915 driver was an additional £175 and I reckon you could easily add another £200-300 for shafts in the irons.
    Adam6177, do you mean the cost of just the fitting (e.g the 1hour, 2hour of the fitters time), or the cost including the clubs?

I've only been fitted once, for a driver, took an hour or so and cost £50 which was then deducted from the price of the club as I bought it through them