Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Thoughts on a new electric golf trolley - SmartCaddy

I always use an electric trolley, but I just want it to carry my clubs and be dead easy to set up and to be stable in use, fit easily in the car boot and have a fantastic backup when things go wrong with it.

I don't need it to be remote, have GPS, score tracker and the like which can easily be got on watches, phones etc these days and are easier to replace, after a period, when better products come to market rather than having them on your trolley for years (If the trolley is good) and be lumbered with older technology.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

I always think that GPS on a trolley is a bit pointless. There are numerous times where the trolley is left a distance from my next shot and I donít want my trolley right up next to my ball when taking a shot anyway. I have a watch and find that more preferable to using one on a trolley.
    In the Bag:

TaylorMade M2 Driver w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB Shaft
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Titleist 816H1 17Deg Hybrid
    Titleist 816H1 20 Deg Hybrid
    Edel Single Length/Callaway Apex CF16 Iron Combo set
    Edel Trapper Wedges (52/56/60)
    Edel E-2 Putter

My reoccurring nightmare is that should I drop dead my wife will sell my golf gear based on the price I told her I paid....

Nolan, have you noticed on here we're all miserable so and so's?

Personally, price point is key. I have a trolley which costs ~£250 new, and does everything I want it to.

I will always prefer a separate GPS - I can't depend on a GPS built into a trolley if there is a trolley ban on through the winter months!

I think the idea of a following trolley is great, but again, if this pushes the price up then it may end up putting people off rather than being a selling point.

Possibly, having a built in, solid phone holder would be a better selling point than a built in GPS. I know the phone holders which attached to my trolley generally shake so much they fall off / drop the phone.

Also, do the batteries on your trolleys sit between the front and back wheels? Centre of gravity must be low, which is a good thing!!
    Follow me on Twitter: @dufferman

I'm not sure how effective the "Go Kart Automatic" is but for me having a speed which matches my pace would be ideal. Also having options for adjustability on handle height and angle. I tend to get a tight lower back and think it's the slightly unnatural walking gait caused by the trolley rather than swinging a club.

The Go Kart is a no no for me as having the battery as an integral part of the structure is risky if you (or your other half) forget to put the battery in from time to time!

Just had a look at your website and your prices seem to be a touch on the high side.

You will have to look at the competition and see what they offer for a specific price and then try and beat them, but bear in mind you are up against tried and tested products, with a loyal customer base.

Personally I use a GoKart, now 8 year old and TBH I dont think there is a better trolley on the market for the same price, and their customer service is legendary.

One thing I would point out that your three year warranty on Lithium Batteries is a little on the short side, GoKart / Powakaddy offer a 5 year warranty, although theirs are a little dearer than yours.

But good luck in your endeavours.
    WITB 2017
    Driver: Mizuno JPX850 Speeder XLR8
    Fairways: Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Fujikura Six Reg...............Taylormade R9 5 wood Fujikua Blur Reg
    Utilities: Cleveland 3H, 4H Matrix Ozik Reg
    Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged TT XP 95
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 4 52* & 58*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Prototype Santa Fe, Tel3 Mk1 Santa Fe, Napa LE, Newport 2.5
    Balls: Mizuno JPX-S
    All powered by a GoKart

Iím after a electric trolley and will happily take a demo off you for a year. And give you feedback free of charge.👍
    Callaway Epic driver
    Cobra f6 3 wood
    Cobra f6 5 wood baffler
    Ping crossover 4
    Cobra forget tec 5/Pw
    Callaway mack daddy 3 50 54 58
    Oddessey metal X 8
    Taylormade tp5 ball

handicap 7

Price point is absolutely key. It's going to need to be cheaper than the established brand's models that are already out there and doing the same thing.
    2016: 12.7,12.4,11.8,11.6,11.7.11.8,11.8,11.4,11.5,11.5, 11.6,11.7,10.3,10.4,10.5,10.5,9.9
    2017: 9.9,10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4,9.6,9.4,9.5,9.6,9.7,9 .8,9.9.9.9,10.0,10.0

Not too sure I'd want my trolley to be following me, I'm sure I'd rather look at it and watch it than to keep turning round to see if it's still there, makeing sure nothing has dropped off or it hasn't fallen over on our steep banks. I do however fasten my GPS watch to the trolley as I don't particularly like wearing it when playing so I'm looking at the distance as I get to my ball.
    H/C 17

Medal Winner

I have had a look on your website & if the trolley does what it says it does i think you are on a winner.
    I have always had a remote trolley & my current trolley is the F1 from stewart golf, service used to be very good but not so good now & the trolley is quite heavy.
    if the follow me option is reliable then that should sell well.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by steadyeddy View Post
    I have had a look on your website & if the trolley does what it says it does i think you are on a winner.
    I have always had a remote trolley & my current trolley is the F1 from stewart golf, service used to be very good but not so good now & the trolley is quite heavy.
    if the follow me option is reliable then that should sell well.
    Yip I agree.

Good luck with your product and research. It sounds interesting and to be honest I don't see the point people are making with standalone GPS devices as the majority ( probably in excess of 99%) of people I play golf with clip the GPS on to their golf bag at the start of the round.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf