Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on a new electric golf trolley - SmartCaddy

Hello all,

Just conducting a bit of research on an exciting new golf product, and wanted to get some thoughts from you all here at Golf Monthly. The proposed product is an electric golf trolley that incorporates other tech features currently available to golfers, but are not often included as part of these trolleys on the market currently.

SmartCaddy would be electric-powered, sleek, non-bulky in design, and provide a host of other features for both the casual and competitive golfer. We want to provide a low impact, stress free golf experience with the convenience and competitive edge of the latest golf tech.

Electronically-powered chassis that holds golf bag and follows the golfer around course. It would also host golf gps and score tracker that has mobile app interface. This would allow you to allow you to see your distance to the hole at all times from the bag, record fairways hit, GIR, # of puts, and all kinds of other useful information you wish to store (leaving shots long/short, missing putts to the left/right, etc).

Wanted to get thoughts on this product, suggestions, frustrations with current products available, and any other input you see fit.

Cheers,

Nolan

Re: Thoughts on a new electric golf trolley - SmartCaddy

Nolan , is your surname Juan i'll get my hat .
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

How long would a round take if you were entering that data in as you were going round? Sounds a bit excessive...
    Give it big humpties

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    How long would a round take if you were entering that data in as you were going round? Sounds a bit excessive...
    About aslong as it takes to input on your phone from green to next tee for a guess? I have an app that does the same.

Would be an optional input if you're looking for that type of analytics. The shot-tracking and distance information would be automatic on a display

Club Champion

Two main players in the game.
    Your product would have to be modern, eye catching and cheaper than them. Go mid range. Go bright.

What if this was a product provided by golf courses available to rent to players? Would you consider using it for a small fee? We are hoping to launch initially as business-to-business to get our product and name out there, then hopefully transition to the consumer level once some momentum is acheived

Very few people hire electric trolleys - unlikely this would be attractive. The cost of electric trolleys is very competitive - meaning everyone buys rather than rents.

I personally think these follow round trollies look and are a bit daft, people Iíve seen using tend to be concerned on where it is behind them so keep it simple I think

As an observation my club hire electric trollies they are good for visiting societies where they travel together and donít have enough space in there car for trollies

My initial thoughts are that I would want to have an independent GPS rather than one supplied by the trolly manufacturer (I use SkyCaddie for its' accuracy) and I detest remote controlled trollies which are OK on flat courses but a nightmare on slopes as they easily topple over unless they have a particular low centre of gravity.
    Having looked at your website, the trolly is certainly sleek, but that is never my main concern when buying one. The cost of accessories does seem expensive add-ons on top of the initial price.