Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Dando and Homer coaching today

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Two and a half hours stuck on the M25 and watching the Fulham game but got loads on video to go through. Worked with a guy called Paul Foston who was a great guy and primarily back swing related, shortening it, changing the path and trying to get a better wrist position. I understand the concept and the changes but trying to break 30+ years of bad habits in 90 minutes and take everything in was hard, so it's going to form the basis of my winter work, with a return to Paul's swing studio at some point for an update.

Did you record the whole lesson for your channel. That would be class.

The faults in your swing were really obvious. I told you a good pro would begin to sort you in minutes. Really glad you had this lesson. The over the top swing was killing you and was never going to be consistent.

If you hammer this over the winter you will have a great chance to move forward next year towards your goal.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Did you record the whole lesson for your channel. That would be class.

The faults in your swing were really obvious. I told you a good pro would begin to sort you in minutes. Really glad you had this lesson. The over the top swing was killing you and was never going to be consistent.

If you hammer this over the winter you will have a great chance to move forward next year towards your goal.
    Most of it, but hard as we had a heavy rain shower and I've not seen all the footage. Found it hard (impossible) to shorten as far as he wanted and get the wrist position and then make a good turn (to be honest probably too much info crammed into one 90 minute) segment but I've some stuff to look at and things to work on. I'll look at what I have on camera and put something on the channel at some point in the next few days

Most of it, but hard as we had a heavy rain shower and I've not seen all the footage. Found it hard (impossible) to shorten as far as he wanted and get the wrist position and then make a good turn (to be honest probably too much info crammed into one 90 minute) segment but I've some stuff to look at and things to work on. I'll look at what I have on camera and put something on the channel at some point in the next few days

Look forward to seeing the footage and also the subsequent changes you make.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by Dando View Post
    Im actually looking forward to practicing my short game now. Think it'll be a mix of range time (mats aren't great but it all helps) and maybe early mornings in local park
    Even off the mats it gets you hitting a ball and you can groove the swing. Distance does not really matter. It's all about being confident in technique

Challenge Tour Pro

Sounds like some good things to work on and look forward to seeing more about it

Are you going to stick with him as your coach now through the winter?

Hope he gets you where you want to be, good luck 👍👍

Money List Winner

I was Paul's main pro-am partner when he used to play the assistant pro series at Foxhills....nearly 40 years ago!

How time flies...
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    Sounds like some good things to work on and look forward to seeing more about it

Are you going to stick with him as your coach now through the winter?

Hope he gets you where you want to be, good luck 👍👍
    Its not feasible to use him as a permanent coach as it's too far to travel. There's a couple of guys at Windlesham Golf Club I was looking at (one who has glowing testimonies and one that does a lot of NLP stuff which is something I wanted to look at for a while). Still got some lessons paid for with the guy I'm using so I'll get these done and decide

Challenge Tour Pro

Good luck 👍👍

Trying to break 30+ years of bad habits in 90 minutes and take everything in was hard.
    It's been a lot longer than 90 minutes though hasn't it Homer?????
    Cooden Beach Centenary Betterball Champion 2012 with Richart Handicap 13.0 Member http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/ Nike Covert 2.0 VRS Driver, 3 & 5 woods.TaylorMade RSi1 4-LWYes Tracy Putter. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE KNOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dando View Post
    Im actually looking forward to practicing my short game now. Think it'll be a mix of range time (mats aren't great but it all helps) and maybe early mornings in local park
    Does that mean i could get to putt out a bit quicker on the 17th at Swinley? For a short par 3 you sure did a lot of walking!