Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Dando and Homer coaching today

Well Paul was a joy to work with and thankfully had the patience of a saint!

after watching my pathetic attempts at chipping and pitching Paul suggested trying to keep my right arm/wrist locked to avoid flipping the club at impact, gripping down the club, hands forward, keeping the speed through impact using my hands and rotating my chest.

despite it feeling completely alien the improvement was great although I still had the odd chunk or thin.

we tried different clubs, lies and distances and after a while I got used to the technique and my confidence grew hitting from 10-75 yards.

im so glad I got this opportunity and thanks to GM for picking me
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    Was that part of the golf monthly segment to go back to see Paul?

I had 2 hours with him for golf monthly in March and he knocked 3 shots of my handicap in the next month of playing. Not been back to see him though.
    No but we had a chat after the lesson finished while the guys were setting the camera's up and came up with a plan to keep him updated and we're going to book an extended lesson to follow up. Great guy, very friendly and patient and easy to see why he's a top 25 coach

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    No but we had a chat after the lesson finished while the guys were setting the camera's up and came up with a plan to keep him updated and we're going to book an extended lesson to follow up. Great guy, very friendly and patient and easy to see why he's a top 25 coach
    Yep agree, great guy. Good luck to you, in very capable hands if you stick with Paul.
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

He took his life in his hands at one point standing about 50 yards out asking me to hit so he could catch the ball
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    I'd hide in the woods but he spends so much time there he knows it like the back of his hand
    So much so the squirrels have him on their Christmas card list 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    So much so the squirrels have him on their Christmas card list 
    Don't you bloody start as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dando View Post
    At least you don't live far away from Paul Foston, you could pop there for a lesson any time
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

I hear your pp's call you Chuck [Norris] as you always go 'Missing in Action' 😜

Journeyman Pro

Well Paul was a joy to work with and thankfully had the patience of a saint!

after watching my pathetic attempts at chipping and pitching Paul suggested trying to keep my right arm/wrist locked to avoid flipping the club at impact, gripping down the club, hands forward, keeping the speed through impact using my hands and rotating my chest.

despite it feeling completely alien the improvement was great although I still had the odd chunk or thin.

we tried different clubs, lies and distances and after a while I got used to the technique and my confidence grew hitting from 10-75 yards.

im so glad I got this opportunity and thanks to GM for picking me
    That mate sounds really positive. You now have the winter to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    That mate sounds really positive. You now have the winter to work on it.
    Im actually looking forward to practicing my short game now. Think it'll be a mix of range time (mats aren't great but it all helps) and maybe early mornings in local park