Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop zone rule

Money List Winner

Re: Drop zone rule

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    I think clubs should put a sign on tee saying if you hit the water please use the drop zone

How else would you know there is one
    All clubs should have their permanent local rules on their card....and any temporary ones on a noticeboard labelled Local Rules.

As has been noted, these particular dropping zones seem unusual - are you sure they were a standard option for any ball entering these hazards over any margin?

Which course was it?
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    All clubs should have their permanent local rules on their card....and any temporary ones on a noticeboard labelled Local Rules.

As has been noted, these particular dropping zones seem unusual - are you sure they were a standard option for any ball entering these hazards over any margin?

Which course was it?
    Stock brook manor golf club

When we got over there we found 3 drop zones

One for the second hole (par 4 for the ditch in front of green) a drop zone for hole 4 (this par 3) and for hole 7 which was the other par 3 that had a ditch in front

We hadn't noticed the drop zone for 2 until this hole but I remembered it for 7 incase (didn't need it tho)

Tour Winner

Are all the DZs between the water hazard and the green?

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    Are all the DZs between the water hazard and the green?
    Yes they were the other side of the hazard

Tour Winner

Is it your club?

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    Is it your club?
    No otherwise I'd of known it was there when my pp hit the water lol

Society event

Challenge Tour Pro mikejohnchapman's Avatar

On a somewhat related topic is the line defining the DZ part of the DZ?

I ask because a popular DZ gets fairly hammered especially if near the green. I presume if you drop in the DZ and it rolls out you redrop - but what about if it stays on the line?

Like hazards I presume the line is part of the DZ
    Callaway XR16 Driver
    Titleist 915 F 3 Wood
    Titleist 910 H 18 Deg Hybrid
    Mizuno H5 4 Iron
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 54 & 58 Deg Wedges
    Scotty Camerion Newport DB putter

H/c 4.9

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mikejohnchapman View Post
    On a somewhat related topic is the line defining the DZ part of the DZ?

I ask because a popular DZ gets fairly hammered especially if near the green. I presume if you drop in the DZ and it rolls out you redrop - but what about if it stays on the line?

Like hazards I presume the line is part of the DZ
    Two answers.
    A ball striking the line when dropped would satisfy the requirement for it to be hit the course in the DZ as the line is within the DZ
    It is not, however, a requirement that the ball stays in the DZ after the drop. It can roll out of it but no more than 2 club lengths and, although you didn't ask, it can come to rest nearer the hole than the point where it struck the ground.

Here's what is said in Appendix A:

Note: When using a dropping zone the following provisions apply regarding the dropping and re-dropping of the ball:
    (a)The player does not have to stand within the dropping zone when dropping the ball.
    (b)The dropped ball must first strike a part of the course within the dropping zone.
    (c)If the dropping zone is defined by a line, the line is within the dropping zone.(d)
    The dropped ball does not have to come to rest within the dropping zone.
    (e)The dropped ball must be re-dropped if it rolls and comes to rest in a position covered by Rule 20-2c(i-vi).
    (f)The dropped ball may roll nearer the hole than the spot where it first struck a part of the course, provided it comes to rest within two club-lengths of that spot and not into any of the positions covered by (e).
    (g)Subject to the provisions of (e) and (f), the dropped ball may roll and come to rest nearer the hole than:
    its original position or estimated position (see Rule 20-2b);
    the nearest point of relief or maximum available relief (Rule 24-2, 25-1 or 25-3); or
    the point where the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard or lateral water hazard (Rule 26-1).

Tour Winner

Note: When using a dropping zone the following provisions apply regarding the dropping and re-dropping of the ball:

(a)
    The player does not have to stand within the dropping zone when dropping the ball.

(b)
    The dropped ball must first strike a part of the course within the dropping zone.

(c)
    If the dropping zone is defined by a line, the line is within the dropping zone.

(d)
    The dropped ball does not have to come to rest within the dropping zone.

(e)
    The dropped ball must be re-dropped if it rolls and comes to rest in a position covered by Rule 20-2c(i-vi).

(f)
    The dropped ball may roll nearer the hole than the spot where it first struck a part of the course, provided it comes to rest within two club-lengths of that spot and not into any of the positions covered by (e).

(g)
    Subject to the provisions of (e) and (f), the dropped ball may roll and come to rest nearer the hole than:

Tour Winner

Snap.