Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: British Masters Thursday Sky Free Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    I played Rockcliffe on Friday. Was soaking wet with standing water on most fairways.
    A lot of holes at rockcliffe look the same and I found it dull second time round. Looks and plays exactly like the PGA National at the belfry. Won’t be rushing back. There didn’t appear to be any standing water or real wet bits at Close house.
    I’m booked in to play both courses at Close house next August and canny wait.
    James, you will defenitely enjoy your visit mate, the venue is pure class.
    Agree regarding drainage, it has been greatly improved, on the Colt course, since it originally opened, now does a decent job.
    Defenitely better drainage than Rockcliffe, and 100 times better than Slaley Hall, drainage is most certainly Slaleys biggest negative, though the courses there are very good.
    Played Slaley Hall this weekend, was very very wet, and greens were terrible, but the practice green looked great, will try and post a pic.

The other course, at close house, the Filly course, is very good draining course too.

Condition of the Close House courses will defenitely impress you, the best in the area by miles.
    Will you be staying in the Close House Courtyard rooms, that are on site...?

If when you come up, you are looking for other games, throw a post out on here, and I'm sure some locals will advise, or help out.

Quote Originally Posted by moogie View Post
    Handicap has no bearing on views, so I fail to see why you bring this up.

My gripe is, on the final day of the biggest golfing event in the north east in many many years, you come on here, not to celebrate this, but to whinge on, rather pathetically, to tell the world "It's Horrible"

Very sad

Was bad enough last week when some muppet on here is writing that Whickham is better than Close House....??....!!!

It's his opinion and he's entitled to express on here, whether it's right or wrong, who cares?
    It's only a Golf course. Chill out ffs.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotie McBoogerballs View Post
    It's his opinion and he's entitled to express on here, whether it's right or wrong, who cares?
    It's only a Golf course. Chill out ffs.

Oh here he is......climbed back out from under his rock to troll as usual.

In answer
    I know it's his opinion, I've no issue with anybody having an opinion, find it very bizarre to choose the final day of the biggest golfing event in the north east, to spout such negatives.
    That's the issue, but as usual, you just read the bits you want.

As for keep quoting somebody's handicap, as if their opinion should mean more?

A 28 handicapper has every right to opinion on a course as a scratch golfer, both will like or dislike for perhaps different reasons though

Why does a courses location have any bearing on whether someone likes a course or not?
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Why does a courses location have any bearing on whether someone likes a course or not?
    Because it's located on the side of a steep hill.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by moogie View Post
    Handicap has no bearing on views, so I fail to see why you bring this up.

My gripe is, on the final day of the biggest golfing event in the north east in many many years, you come on here, not to celebrate this, but to whinge on, rather pathetically, to tell the world "It's Horrible"

Very sad

Was bad enough last week when some muppet on here is writing that Whickham is better than Close House....??....!!!
    Homer asked "is it a heavy walk". The handicaps were mentioned to counter the "you don't like it because you're not a good player" argument.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Because it's located on the side of a steep hill.
    Sorry, I should have made clear....location in relation to the part of the country. I'm not bothered by the hills.
    Forever trying.

I think Moogie was asking for a bit of local solidarity. Close House is in the NE, it's clearly rare for a tournament to come up here and he wanted the NE forumers to support it this week, not attack it, even if that is how they feel.

I've not heard any announcement about this tournament next year. Is there going to be one? Who is going to be the host?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I think Moogie was asking for a bit of local solidarity. Close House is in the NE, it's clearly rare for a tournament to come up here and he wanted the NE forumers to support it this week, not attack it, even if that is how they feel.

I've not heard any announcement about this tournament next year. Is there going to be one? Who is going to be the host?
    Justin Rose is the host so will be around Hants Surrey Area - hears rumblings though about Centiurion, Wisely and Queenswood being used - would like to see Sunningdale used but think too short

As for Close house - heard two contrasting views , one being awful one being good but people shouldn’t be “attacked” for their own personal view of a golf course - that’s poor behaviour

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post

nail on head