Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Thinking about moving clubs

LordT

Meant to ask
    Did you check out the driving range or par3 course, prior to playing today?

Both good facilities, and part of the package with membership.
    Last edited by moogie; 06-Jul-2018 at 21:51.

We didn't. We ended up taking a rather interesting route to get there, dodgy b roads thanks to the satnav, and got there later than planned.

Well seeing as this thread has come to the fore.

Through my own lack of restraint and self policing of replies before posting, the posts I made about Close House, attracted the ire of Close House, so much so that they terminated my membership. The comments aside, I think more then anything what did for me was the line, that I would not be renewing my membership come October, so I'm guessing they chose bin me a few months earlier.

I'm more disappointed in myself for being so foolish to post what I did when I should've known better, then I'm am for losing my membership, but we live and learn.

My mam always told me, "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all", I should've took heed of that advice.

Never mind, some personal circumstances overtook common sense. Time to move on and start the next chapter where ever that may be.

Oh aye, careful what you post on here, it in the public domain and open for all to see and you never know who's reading and take a dislike to what your have written, I can safely write from experience now.

Iíve been to close house, stayed in their accommodation. It was really nice. I wonít be staying there again based on the above.
    Itís not a set up Iíd ever join anyway as I get the impression that the needs of the member will always come second to a corporate quid, but this is poor.
    Rightly or wrongly youíve aired a grievance publically, they should look to address those issues rather than bin you. It makes them look a bit pathetic IMO.
    Theyíll probably be onto mike now to get this pulled, but they need to remember not all feedback is positive

Wow, banned from the club for telling the truth lol.
    If itís any consolation mate, I was told the same thing by another former member, itís all set up for corporate days and members come way down the list of priorities, a second or even third class membership if you will.

Tour Winner

Dave
    Donít sweat it mate
    You told the truth, got it off your chest
    Iíd lose no sleep
    Nothing youíve said hasnít been said by many others already

It just brought forward the decision youíd already made for yourself

The next move is the big one
    You need to get right
    Do loads of research and road testing

As Iíve said to you before, youíre welcome anytime at my place for a game and a tour of all it has to offer

Iíd guess youíd get plenty offers of games off many others on here too mate
    So you wonít be short of options

Good luck

Termination of membership....really????
    I know how it ran and what itís like up there Dave
    There loss and hopefully they read into this and try sort the members out correctly
    But at the end of the day itís done you a favour
    Where you thinking next then Dave?
    More than welcome down my place for a thrash if you want pal
    Whatís happening with stu is he moving to or staying put?
    In The Bag:

Titleist 917 d3 8.5 degree
    Titleist T mb 2 iron
    Vega VC01 3-6 iron VM01 7-PW Shimada Tour X shafts
    Vega rafw 01 - 52 57 60
    Odyssey o works red 7

Member at Wearside golf club
    Twitter: cwayman90

I've just read what you posted Dave and I can't find anything that is in the least bit OTT. To me, what you posted read as your experiences, not your opinions. Only having 3 comps available on a weekend is an experience not an opinion. Struggling to book tee times at all or before a certain time is an experience not an opinion.

Close House terminating your membership for relating your experiences, not your opinions, is very poor form. If they're not big enough to take that on the chin they're pretty small minded and petty. Not a place I'd want to visit.

Good luck with your next 'home.'
    Give it big humpties

Really tricky situation Dave.

While it's good to have a rant, or air views on the forum, it isn't easy for companies or clubs to have a right of reply, which is important in the interest of fairness. Beyond that, I think you'd concede that it might have been better to express your views directly to the club so that they could address them.

However, the club's response is very disappointing. Personally, I would have rung you up and made you aware that the club had viewed your comments and were concerned that they weren't doing everything to keep their members happy, called you into a meeting, invited you to bring along anyone else who felt the same as you, and thrash out short-term and long-term solutions. This would have benefitted yourself and the club.

However, this draconian "like it or lump it" approach would certainly put me off playing at the club. Get yourself a new club asap and move on.

Edit: I trust you are due a pro-rata refund as well?
    2013- 24 > 22.8 > 22.9 > 23 > 22.2 > 20.6
    2014- 20.6 > 20.7 > 19.1 > 18.2 > 15.5 > 15.2 > Rule 23 > 13.4 > 13.5 > 13.6 > 13.7 > 13.1 > 13.2 > 13.3
    2015- 13.4 > 13.5 > 13.6
    2016- 13.6 > 13.3 > 13.4 > 13.5 > 13.6 > 13.0 > 12.4 > 12.5 > 12.6 > 12.7 > 12.8 > 12.9 > 13.0 > 13.1 > 13.2 > 12.3 > 12.4 > 12.5 > 12.6 > 12.7
    2017- 12.9 > 13.0 > 13.1 > 13.2 > 13.3 > 13.4 > 13.5 > 13.6 > 13.7 >13.4 > 13.5
    2018- 13.6 > 13.7 > 13.8 > 13.9 > 14.0 heeeelp

Prisoner of Hope

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Attracted the ire of Close House, so much so that they terminated my membership.
    Well that's poor form and perhaps gives more insight into their mindset than anything you wrote (which btw all seemed valid and factual, not loose gossip or opinions)

Seems you're better out of it - hope you find sonewhere more suitable soon