Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Thinking about moving clubs

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    I believe there is a big price difference for corporate between the 2.
    If Corporate pricing plays the same as member pricing, the difference is huge.

Premium Academy member - Filly Only - £720 per year or £60 per month.

Full Membership - Colt & Filly - £2100 per year or £175 per month

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    If Corporate pricing plays the same as member pricing, the difference is huge.

Premium Academy member - Filly Only - £720 per year or £60 per month.

Full Membership - Colt & Filly - £2100 per year or £175 per month
    A lad at the Golf was telling us his Dad’s firm are holding a day on the Filly because they couldn’t afford the Colt.
    They thought they’d get a choice for the same price.

Tour Winner

Yes Dave
    As discussed with you last week at forest pines
    I was sold a pack of lies too.
    With regards the limit on the numbers they'd take on that deal, (initially 100), about the number of club comps qualifiers......and a whole lot more
    Bentley......no private plate.....not interested

As much as I really enjoy playing the filly, I need to be able to get out there, book a time and play.
    So that's why we walked and didn't even see 12 months out
    They even offer to allow you to upgrade to full membership for the 6 (good) months between April til end September......then drop back to academy deal.
    Another sign that the £££ is all they're interested in
    As I bet most full members aren't aware these deals are there....£175 per month for summer then £60 per month for the off season, winter period, that's unheard of Id guess elsewhere.

Anyway......we're really happy at Matfen Hall
    3 loops of 9, par 3 course, practice areas, plus driving range
    Never fail to book a tee time
    Comps every weds, sat, Sunday, 9 hole comps on Friday, plus other topical comps throughout the calendar
    Staff friendly and helpful, even remember your name (unlike CH)
    Members come first

Dave, as said before, you're welcome anytime for a game mate👍
    Last edited by moogie; 25-Jun-2018 at 14:20.

Tour Rookie

Matfen Hall is one of my favourites, the original 18 is the best. Fantastic facilities and a great layout, coupled with an excellent coach in JJ

Get yourself down to CLS mate, you know it makes sense
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...

Medal Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Get yourself down to CLS mate, you know it makes sense
    Awful course, 5 good holes rest are rubbish. Holes near the river are underwater nearly every winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapdraw View Post
    Awful course, 5 good holes rest are rubbish. Holes near the river are underwater nearly every winter.
    Last time the holes near the river were underwater was 1986 I think. Maybe try another visit now the course changes have been done
    Where do you play?
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...

Club Champion

CLS is waxa man!

Matfen is cracking anarl played in the team open the other week, loved it.

Played Matfen today and if you haven't played it before then it is worth adding to your list to check out. I played the two old nines and very enjoyable too.

Relatively forgiving off the yellow tees but the greens are very well protected with bunkers surrounding most greens. I like courses like that, not all about distance but test your iron play. Very different off the whites on certain tees, very different, and anyone with a h/c there can take it anywhere else comfortably. Greens were true, interesting and just the right pace. It is a good test.

I liked the clubhouse, nice set up.

The only questions I would have, maybe Moogie can answer, is the course looks like it attracts a lot of society and corporate golfers. Will they clog up the course? The course looks very open. Does it get feisty in poor weather?

All in all though, very enjoyable and I will be looking to play there again.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Played Matfen today and if you haven't played it before then it is worth adding to your list to check out. I played the two old nines and very enjoyable too.

Relatively forgiving off the yellow tees but the greens are very well protected with bunkers surrounding most greens. I like courses like that, not all about distance but test your iron play. Very different off the whites on certain tees, very different, and anyone with a h/c there can take it anywhere else comfortably. Greens were true, interesting and just the right pace. It is a good test.

I liked the clubhouse, nice set up.

The only questions I would have, maybe Moogie can answer, is the course looks like it attracts a lot of society and corporate golfers. Will they clog up the course? The course looks very open. Does it get feisty in poor weather?

All in all though, very enjoyable and I will be looking to play there again.

Pleased you enjoyed it mate.
    The original layout plays 6355yds off yellow, the goes to 6700yds off whites.
    1 par 5 becomes 60yds longer, but it's the length of the par 4's that test most.
    With water just in front of several greens, making you think carefully on approach shots.

Yes , Matfen Hall, can and does , attract many societies, corporates, green fees and hotel guests (hotel on site)
    But due the place having 3 loops of 9, there is a system in place that works really well, whereby this causes no issues to the members
    PM sent with explanation ( hopefully you understand explanation)

The clubhouse lodge is very informal and welcoming, decent food and drink, at very reasonable prices too.