Thread: Sky Golf

Sky Golf

Has anyone who has stopped using their sky caddie had any phone calls from them?

Phil.

Re: Sky Golf

No, they never contacted me when I stopped subscribing to them, but when I had phoned them before about something subscription related I wouldn't say they were overly interested.
    Forever trying.

Journeyman Pro

Bit confused.

Are we talking (from the OP), "...Sky caddie..." as in the App.

Or: Sky Golf as in the TV channel?

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    Bit confused.

Are we talking (from the OP), "...Sky caddie..." as in the App.

Or: Sky Golf as in the TV channel?
    Skygolf not Sky; simples...
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Seeking a refresh on the question I want to get rid of Sky Sports - what's the best option for getting just golf - either on a continuous basis or on an occasional basis. I am currently a Sky Broadband customer but happy to change if a change brings more options into play.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Seeking a refresh on the question I want to get rid of Sky Sports - what's the best option for getting just golf - either on a continuous basis or on an occasional basis. I am currently a Sky Broadband customer but happy to change if a change brings more options into play.
    If you have decent broadband then Now TV is probably the best way to go. I just pay for the big events that I want to watch. As long as your internet is quick then you shouldn't get any trouble from buffering.
    Handicap:

Quote Originally Posted by srixon 1 View Post
    If you have decent broadband then Now TV is probably the best way to go. I just pay for the big events that I want to watch. As long as your internet is quick then you shouldn't get any trouble from buffering.
    I do seem to have occasional buffering issues when watching progs on Netflix or Catchup. Last night I seemed to sort it by shutting my laptop down - but that might only have been coincidental as I don't really get how wireless and broadband speed combine with all devices using the broadband - both wirelessly and cabled.

I have just checked - my current download speed (tested wirelessly) is 11Mbps and i could get 80Mbps with BT Unlimited Infinity 2

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Got rid of my Sky Golf account when the Sky Caddie died and it wasn't cost effective to get it repaired. Not a hint of concern and no call? In fact their customer service overall was a little underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Got rid of my Sky Golf account when the Sky Caddie died and it wasn't cost effective to get it repaired. Not a hint of concern and no call? In fact their customer service overall was a little underwhelming.
    Oops - my bad - just realise that this thread reference to Sky Golf may not be anything to do with golf on Sky...

Job done

I'll go find a Sky Sports/Golf channel thread and repost there so as not to confuse mix topics

Job done