Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2017/18

Re: Ashes 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Anyone seen the footage of Ben Stokes wailing on those guys outside the nightclub ? He's toast. they could throw the book at him and I'd be surprised if they let him in to Oz.
    yes, I hope its his first offence... in not could be time involved.

note to self, if i ever see him out on the lash... resist the temptation to take the pee out of him
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Do you think the Aussies will resist that temptation if he goes out there? If he makes it on tour I would be tempted, if I was part of the ECB, to assign him a minder for the duration to keep him away from Aussies on the wind up.

Incidentally, was the spinner people wanted to take from Somerset? Is that the same Somerset who have produced a wicket that turns more than one from Bangladesh? I don't know the bloke but selectors do have to take into account pitch surfaces etc when looking at players. If he has been playing every home game on a turner then that manipulates his figures somewhat. Same applies to all players of course.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

seems the Stokes argument is he was protecting friends from homophobic abuse
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Do you think the Aussies will resist that temptation if he goes out there? If he makes it on tour I would be tempted, if I was part of the ECB, to assign him a minder for the duration to keep him away from Aussies on the wind up.

Incidentally, was the spinner people wanted to take from Somerset? Is that the same Somerset who have produced a wicket that turns more than one from Bangladesh? I don't know the bloke but selectors do have to take into account pitch surfaces etc when looking at players. If he has been playing every home game on a turner then that manipulates his figures somewhat. Same applies to all players of course.
    yep, Leach been playing on spinner friendly wickets all season, arent too many grounds a spinner opens the bowling on in CC
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

for sure some Aussie would try and pick a fight with him in a pub or club.... and thats just the cricket team
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

I know i'm an Essex lad and slightly biased but does 75 wickets in only 13 games in Division 1 not count for anything ?? Jamie Porter hasn't been mentioned as being unlucky by any pundits, or anyone on here. I know he'll go to Aus as part of the Lions team but Craig Overton over him is ridiculous. Talking the Lions i can see their team being better than the main squad.

Rashid, Northeast, Livingstone, Porter, Lawrence, Leach, Hameed, Robson, Wood, Buttler , Clarke.....there's sure to be more, can all count themselves a little unlucky but will be keen to prove the selectors wrong while they're out there.
    2016: 12.7,12.4,11.8,11.6,11.7.11.8,11.8,11.4,11.5,11.5, 11.6,11.7,10.3,10.4,10.5,10.5,9.9
    2017: 9.9,10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4,9.6,9.4,9.5,9.6,9.7,9 .8,9.9.9.9,10.0,10.0

Stokes and Hales have been suspended until further notice. I have not seen the video, apparently it is a bit sickening and I don't like real violence despite the avatar. Is Hales involved in any violence or is he just there as a bystander?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Stokes and Hales have been suspended until further notice. I have not seen the video, apparently it is a bit sickening and I don't like real violence despite the avatar. Is Hales involved in any violence or is he just there as a bystander?
    Apparently he's fragile and devastated today!

I saw the video on bbc earlier, Stokes is very aggressive and keeps going forward swinging his fists at more than one guy and puts one on the deck. I dont think Hales does much. Crazy behaviour for a high profile sportsperson. Maybe he was on something other than booze? Doesn't he have form for partying too hard?

I *think* it is Hales who puts a boot into a guys head when he is on the ground at the start of the video. It's quite difficult to follow, but it looks like the same person who tries to stop Stokes at the end of the video who I believe is Hales

Quote Originally Posted by TheDiablo View Post
    I *think* it is Hales who puts a boot into a guys head when he is on the ground at the start of the video. It's quite difficult to follow, but it looks like the same person who tries to stop Stokes at the end of the video who I believe is Hales
    yep definitely appears that Hales kicks the guy on the floor
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch