Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cobra One Length Irons

Quote Originally Posted by 3565 View Post
    From what I gather the technology in the Edel system is in the shafts from Pedersen. Each head has a specific shaft for it.

Im currently building a set of Wishon Sterling SLC's for a 3 hc. We tried the 8 iron today to make sure that the shaft that was tipped firm is right for him. It felt pretty good, the rest were made up today and we're looking forward to trying the whole set out.
    It would be nice if you could get on a monitor to see carry numbers etc for both of you.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    It would be nice if you could get on a monitor to see carry numbers etc for both of you.
    He tried his 8 iron out with my ES14 launch monitor. He is a sweeper and a smooth rhythmic tempo of the golf club due to back and neck injuries in the past. So he doesn't hit it that far for a 3hc. He plays more knock down shots then full one but he was around 140 mark, similar to his Pings. But I'd be expecting him after a period of time to be a bit longer once he's used to them.

Today he used the full 5-PW set and he loves them. The PW is longer then he's used to but he hit a lot of controlled knock down wedges and the ball flight wasn't that high. i tried the 5 iron out on a 198yd par 3 and that's about how far I hit my own 5, and although it went right in green side bunker it was pin high, it was probably due to the softer flex then I'm used too, but it has a distinct sound to it like a hybrid ting sound but it didn't bother me or him that much. I also hit the 6 and felt good, but I didn't have a go with the 9 or PW, but I will when I return from my holiday.

It does have me thinking myself and I can see a lot of sense in it and with it being shorter there is a lot more control to be had. When I went to hit my own 5 iron it looked the length of a 2 iron. Overall I'm pleased how they've turned out and he's a happy golfer.

I've got them after a couple test rounds I got fitted with cobra. Love them... took me a while to get comfortable with the 9 and pw but the long irons are a god send.
    I've gone 4-pw with my set. As for distance it's even gapping and each club slightly longer than my old set but I put this down to being fit for them.
    One thing i do notice is the 4 and 5 are a lower flight than a normal set and the 9 and pw seem to fly higher.
    These are deffinately worth trying if you struggle for consistent strikes like I was.

Quote Originally Posted by 3565 View Post
    He tried his 8 iron out with my ES14 launch monitor. He is a sweeper and a smooth rhythmic tempo of the golf club due to back and neck injuries in the past. So he doesn't hit it that far for a 3hc. He plays more knock down shots then full one but he was around 140 mark, similar to his Pings. But I'd be expecting him after a period of time to be a bit longer once he's used to them.

Today he used the full 5-PW set and he loves them. The PW is longer then he's used to but he hit a lot of controlled knock down wedges and the ball flight wasn't that high. i tried the 5 iron out on a 198yd par 3 and that's about how far I hit my own 5, and although it went right in green side bunker it was pin high, it was probably due to the softer flex then I'm used too, but it has a distinct sound to it like a hybrid ting sound but it didn't bother me or him that much. I also hit the 6 and felt good, but I didn't have a go with the 9 or PW, but I will when I return from my holiday.

It does have me thinking myself and I can see a lot of sense in it and with it being shorter there is a lot more control to be had. When I went to hit my own 5 iron it looked the length of a 2 iron. Overall I'm pleased how they've turned out and he's a happy golfer.

Thanks for that. definitely something I would like to try at some stage. Me and anything over a 7 iron have never really been best of friends.

Good luck and let us know how he progresses with them.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Thanks for that. definitely something I would like to try at some stage. Me and anything over a 7 iron have never really been best of friends.
    more likely that to do with the loft decrease than the shaft length
    the_coach Handicap Index +4.2
    Driver: TM M2 9.5º M 7M3 X-S w73g
    3metal:TM M2 3m M 80M4 X-S w86g
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3h 20º Altus HY T X-S w91g
    Irons 3 - 9 Callaway Apex Pro 16 KBS Tour C-Taper S+ w125g
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 rtg's 46º bounce 8º KBS 610 S+ w125g. 52º bounce 8º KBS 610 S+ w125g. Fourteen RM 12 (forged) 58º bounce 8º KBS Hi-Rev X-S w135g.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 2004 Newport Beach 1.5 Milled Titleist Pro V1x -

Quote Originally Posted by the_coach View Post
    more likely that to do with the loft decrease than the shaft length
    Not sure I’d necessarily agree with this. I rarely hit a 4 iron and don’t even have a 3 iron however during my fitting I was hitting them as easily as my higher lofted irons.

They obviously can’t help a poor strike however a shorter shaft makes them easier to hit or at least they were in my case.
    In the Bag:

TaylorMade M2 Driver w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB Shaft
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Titleist 816H1 17Deg Hybrid
    Titleist 816H1 20 Deg Hybrid
    Edel Single Length/Callaway Apex CF16 Iron Combo set
    Edel Trapper Wedges (52/56/60)
    Edel E-2 Putter

My reoccurring nightmare is that should I drop dead my wife will sell my golf gear based on the price I told her I paid....

I've just watched a couple of videos and am really intrigued, I think I'd want to borrow a set for a day/week etc as I really dont think you can be sold on a set like this just from 1 range session.

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/g...n-carry-142562

Interesting article. Perhaps us slower swinging golfers should stop worrying about long irons and just learn to love our hybrids. My lowest iron is a 7 and have always been a bit embarrassed about that and have looked at these one length clubs as a solution. Maybe I should stop and just stick with lofted hybrids, I have 5 and 6 iron equivalents, and be done with it.

Is it ego and macho reasons why we want to keep trying long irons or are we driven to think a set must include them?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Trouble is, i hate the look of hybrids. I can hit a 3i fine off a tee peg, but off the deck the lack of carry is an issue.

Went and tested the clubs last night and really liked them. Didnt find the setup an issue at all and found they were forgiving.

AG have given me £176 trade in on my old set and my new shinies will be here soon. Cant wait.