Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Challenge Tour Pro Jates12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sandbach, Cheshire
    Posts
    702

    Cobra One Length Irons

    Im so intrigued by the one length irons that have been released in the last few years. I first watched Bryson DeChambeau when he was an amateur and it just totally baffled me that all his clubs were the same length and the grips were huge!

    Has anyone tried the One Length set from Cobra and what were your thoughts? Ive seen reviews on youtube but i feel at times they arent honest as they are given the clubs for free.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2018 - 11.8 > 11.0
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

  2. #2
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,227

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Quote Originally Posted by Jates12 View Post
    Im so intrigued by the one length irons that have been released in the last few years. I first watched Bryson DeChambeau when he was an amateur and it just totally baffled me that all his clubs were the same length and the grips were huge!

    Has anyone tried the One Length set from Cobra and what were your thoughts? Ive seen reviews on youtube but i feel at times they arent honest as they are given the clubs for free.
    I've hit them, i loved them but wouldnt buy them. Hard to expand but it was hard to trust hitting 7iron length clubs the distance of a 5iron.
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

  3. #3
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    3,295

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Ive hit them too
    PW and 9 iron go real high, and real long
    7 and 8 irons easy to hit and fly miles
    5&6 irons about normal type distance, so couldn't get gaps between the 7/8

    Heard others say similar , that gapping is an issue

    Gap wedge same length shaft as a 7 iron, just seems bizarre and not right at all too

  4. #4
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    9,744

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Crossfield did a video on them and he managed to get that gapping. He surprised himself as he didn't expect it. He is a pro though so his ball striking will be very consistent.

    I agree with you regarding the length on the "short irons". It would have made more sense to me to have one length clubs from 5-7/8 and then normal sized ones from 9 upwards. It is the longer length that people struggle with.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

  5. #5
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Viewpark
    Posts
    101

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    i have ordered the combra max one lengths and when i tested them they were easy to hit. I am not the best with irons and struggle with carry, i carry a 4,5,6 hybrid so i went for 7-sw with the gap wedge. I found i was at least 10 yards longer carry with these than my current set. Still waiting for them to arrive though. I liked the height the wedges were giving me as i could get the ball to stop quicker on the green.

  6. #6
    Tour Winner Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    2,618

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    I would love to try them. I like the idea of my 5 iron being the length of a 7, but I hate the idea of my PW being the length of a 7. So it would be interesting.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

  7. #7
    Challenge Tour Pro Jates12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sandbach, Cheshire
    Posts
    702

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Quote Originally Posted by chasf View Post
    i have ordered the combra max one lengths and when i tested them they were easy to hit. I am not the best with irons and struggle with carry, i carry a 4,5,6 hybrid so i went for 7-sw with the gap wedge. I found i was at least 10 yards longer carry with these than my current set. Still waiting for them to arrive though. I liked the height the wedges were giving me as i could get the ball to stop quicker on the green.
    Its really bizarre that you say that youve gone for the one lengths in your situation. I feel confident with anything under a 7 in my hands and i think the shorter the club its easier to make good contact. Im more intrigued about them for the 4,5,6 irons because if it can make them as easy as a 7 to hit they will be successful IMO.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2018 - 11.8 > 11.0
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

  8. #8
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Viewpark
    Posts
    101

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Quote Originally Posted by Jates12 View Post
    Its really bizarre that you say that youve gone for the one lengths in your situation. I feel confident with anything under a 7 in my hands and i think the shorter the club its easier to make good contact. Im more intrigued about them for the 4,5,6 irons because if it can make them as easy as a 7 to hit they will be successful IMO.
    i am hopeless with irons below 6, i have a 3,5 w and 4,5,6 hybrids. I love hitting my woods i can hit them straight and a decent distance for me. I think the one lengths will work for my as i tend to have an upright posture and the longer length scoring clubs seemed fine for me.

    my swing speed is slow and even the cobra rep said hybrids in the 4,5,6 would be better for me than the one length iron as i would struggle to get decent distance and height with them
    Last edited by chasf; 20-Sep-2017 at 12:22.

  9. #9
    Q-School Graduate jamielaing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    875

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Crossfield did a video on them and he managed to get that gapping. He surprised himself as he didn't expect it. He is a pro though so his ball striking will be very consistent.

    I agree with you regarding the length on the "short irons". It would have made more sense to me to have one length clubs from 5-7/8 and then normal sized ones from 9 upwards. It is the longer length that people struggle with.
    That would defeat the point though. The idea is one length, one set up, one swing. Nothing changes so consistency improves.
    WITB
    Taylor Made M3 6.5 degree Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Mizuno MP H5 1 iron Project X 6.5
    Titleist 712U 3 iron X100
    Mizuno MP5 4-PW Project X 6.5
    Mizuno T7 wedges- 49,54,60 Project X 6.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select M1
    Taylor Made TP5 balls

    Knocking it around here-
    Duddingston Golf Club, Edinburgh
    http://www.duddingstongolfclub.co.uk

    2015 Handicap- 11.4>8.3
    2016 Handicap- 8.3>5.9>6.9>5.6>5.9
    2017 Handicap- 5.9>6.2
    2018 Handicap- 6.2>6.5>5.3>5.4
    2018 Goal- 4.4 or less

  10. #10
    Ryder Cup Winner garyinderry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,261

    Re: Cobra One Length Irons

    Quote Originally Posted by jamielaing View Post
    That would defeat the point though. The idea is one length, one set up, one swing. Nothing changes so consistency improves.
    That works for Bryson. It doesn't really work if the one swing you have is wonky.


    Ive used short irons than were 1 and a half inches over standard. They felt awful.
    Titleist 915 D3 7.5*
    Titleist 915 15*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid ( or ping I25 3 iron)
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Vokey SM 5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Odyssey prototype 2ball black series putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--(2018)8.2...7.6...8.2....7.2..... 6.8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

54 Common Golf Questions You Asked Google… Answered

Here we take a look at some of the most common golf questions asked on Google using their auto-correct system

June 22, 2018

Greg Norman Poses Nude For ESPN Body Issue

The Great White Shark has got his kit off for ESPN's Body Issue

June 22, 2018

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018