Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Q-School Graduate

Would you say anything?

Played Wells yesterday. Course was in fantastic shape considering the amount of rain we've had. I had a shocker and barely pitched in any green. And yet I was repairing three or four pitch marks per green.
    Would you mention it to the club after your round? Not looking for praise. Just trying to help!
    • TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 10.5
    • Adams Tightlies 16
    • Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 21
    • Mizuno MX17 4-PW (1" longer)
    • Titleist Vokey 250.08 Oilcan
    • Spalding 56, 12 bounce
    • Yes Robin Putter

Re: Would you say anything?

most clubs are fully aware of pitch mark problems. when ever we play we are repairing 5 or 6 per green each so you are not alone.

it always surprises me the amount of players you come across that don't even have a pitch mark fork, so if you don't have one then chances are you don't bother repairing them.

i suggest to my club our starter checked anyone going out if they had a PR and show it , if not they had to buy one. then at least there is a chance of it getting used.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Tour Rookie

Anyone not repairing pitch marks is a selfish, lazy lizard. Fortunately my club has very few issues with it but we all know there are lots of these parasites out there, you know who you are. . Be seein ya.
    : TM M2: TM V-Steel 13*: Titleist 910 21*: Cleveland 588cb 4-PW: Callaway MD3 52/8 & 58/9: Ping Redwood AnswerH/C 5

I'd say something tbh. Although, it's not a problem we're faced with at our place. I must say, I do enjoy repairing pitch marks though! Something satisfying about it!

Maybe someone has to invent a pitchmark repairer with a really long handle. At our club, the seniors seem to be the worst offenders, whenever I play on Friday afternoons, after their weekly seniors comp, the greens look like the surface of the moon. When I meet them on the clubhouse terrace and complain about it, their excuse is usually that they can't bent down to repair them. Drives me nuts. The senior ladies seem to be slightly better, but the reason could simply be that they don't make pitchmarks. At least I never saw my mum make one, she usually rolls her ball onto the green or at least lands it at a flat angle with literally no spin at all.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60, Odyssey White Hot putter

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Maybe someone has to invent a pitchmark repairer with a really long handle. At our club, the seniors seem to be the worst offenders, whenever I play on Friday afternoons, after their weekly seniors comp, the greens look like the surface of the moon. When I meet them on the clubhouse terrace and complain about it, their excuse is usually that they can't bent down to repair them. Drives me nuts. The senior ladies seem to be slightly better, but the reason could simply be that they don't make pitchmarks. At least I never saw my mum make one, she usually rolls her ball onto the green or at least lands it at a flat angle with literally no spin at all.
    As a very senior golfer I am surprised your seniors of either sex can hit the ball high and hard enough to actually leave pitch marks!

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dewsweeper View Post
    As a very senior golfer I am surprised your seniors of either sex can hit the ball high and hard enough to actually leave pitch marks!
    😂 But I have to agree with Capella, it is mainly the fossils I see at our place not repairing, but as Matty said, there's summat good about leaving the green looking better than when you arrived. playing Nottinghamshire in a couple of hours and I would feel embarrassed if someone saw me not repairing my marks. divots included.

Problem exists at almost every golf club. Some people are oblivious to it and don't know that they need to repair when they get to the green, but in most cases people are just inconsiderate and don't care.
    • Gog Magog Golf Club Member
    • Woodford Golf Club Member
    • TaylorMade M1 Driver, 9 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 3 Wood, 14 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 5 Wood, 19 stiff
    • Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Project X 6.0
    • Vokey SM5 wedges (52, 55, 60)
    • TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    • Titleist Pro V1 ball

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    I love that excuse.I presume the don't tee the ball up, mark their ball, lift the ball from the hole.........
    What's In the Bag;
    Ping G30 LS Tec 8 degree driver Tour Stiff 80
    Taylor Made M1 3 wood stiff 14.5 degree
    Titleist 712U 3 iron X100
    Mizuno MP5 4-PW Project X 6.5
    Mizuno T7 wedges- 49,54,60 Project X 6.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select M1
    Titleist Pro V1 Balls

Knocking it around here-
    Duddingston Golf Club, Edinburgh
    http://www.duddingstongolfclub.co.uk

2015 Handicap- 11.4>8.3
    2016 Handicap- 8.3>5.9>6.9>5.6>5.9
    2017 Handicap Goal- 3.9 or less

Quote Originally Posted by jamielaing View Post
    I love that excuse.I presume the don't tee the ball up, mark their ball, lift the ball from the hole.........
    To be fair, some of them really don't do most of those things. They have a ball retriever on the back of their putter to get the ball from the hole and they only mark their balls if they absolutely have to. Normally they will just ask to be allowed to putt out first if their ball is in the way. The only time they bend down is to tee up the ball and some don't even do that and just drop it and hit it off the deck. So I guess they really do have trouble bending over. I was only half kidding about the pitchmark repairers with the long handle. I really think it could help some of them.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60, Odyssey White Hot putter