Q-School Graduate

DG @ Solihull closing

For those that know the store, DG at Solihull is closing down in November. Shame as its got a great driving range with grass bays and a nice short game area. Heard the lease has come up on the land and looks like Ashley doesn't fancy paying out. Some stock will be reduced to get rid of but most of it will be distributed to other stores.

Hopefully somebody will take the range on and keep it open!
    In the bag:

Nike VRS Covert Driver
    Nike Vapor 3 Wood
    Nike Vapor Hybrid #4
    Nike VRS Irons 5-AW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges 54 + 58
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #1
    Srixon AD333 Balls

Head Pro

Re: DG @ Solihull closing

That's a shame, I pass this store every week and often pop in for bargains. I hope the staff get relocated ok, they've always served me well.
    Last edited by PIng; 12-Sep-2017 at 20:28.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by PIng View Post
    That's a shame, I pass this store every week and often pop in for bargains. I hope the staff get relocated ok, they've always served me well.
    Yep same! I pretty much go there most weeks to practice as there isn't much else around apart from Wast Hills. Staff have always been helpful and knowledgeable so I would imagine they won't find it tough to find new roles.

Is this beckett's farm? I've been once, quite cool how the range is split over two levels. Never knew it had grass ranges, where were they located?

Shame it's closing but seems to be the case at a few direct golf places around the midlands - direct golf at calderfields in walsall closed but has reopened under new people.
    Hacking it around the midlands :S

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YamiKuriboh View Post
    Is this beckett's farm? I've been once, quite cool how the range is split over two levels. Never knew it had grass ranges, where were they located?

Shame it's closing but seems to be the case at a few direct golf places around the midlands - direct golf at calderfields in walsall closed but has reopened under new people.
    As you step out of the shop onto the range the grassed area is to your right, past the last driving bay.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_golf1 View Post
    For those that know the store, DG at Solihull is closing down in November. Shame as its got a great driving range with grass bays and a nice short game area. Heard the lease has come up on the land and looks like Ashley doesn't fancy paying out. Some stock will be reduced to get rid of but most of it will be distributed to other stores.

Hopefully somebody will take the range on and keep it open!
    I suspect that American Golf will take it over as that's what they did with Lincoln Golf Centre.
    10 hcp and rising.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    I suspect that American Golf will take it over as that's what they did with Lincoln Golf Centre.
    There's an American Golf not too far away in Shirley which has been there for years. Would be good to see somebody take it on and keep the range open as it has really good potential!