Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Letting people through while in a comp?

If you're not in the Comp, you shouldn't be anywhere near the people playing in the Comp.......go back and replay the holes you've already played.
    You're playing for fun and not worried about making a score, back off and leave them to it.
    People who go out last in a Comp do so for a reason.......to not have to worry about others pushing them.

We were last in a comp as some of my pp were travelling a distance. No skin off our nose to let people through. I don't see why playing a comp gives you priority.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotie McBoogerballs View Post
    If you're not in the Comp, you shouldn't be anywhere near the people playing in the Comp.......go back and replay the holes you've already played.
    You're playing for fun and not worried about making a score, back off and leave them to it.
    People who go out last in a Comp do so for a reason.......to not have to worry about others pushing them.
    this is the reason why golf clubs struggle in my opinion. we are all playing for fun unless you happen to be fortunate enough to be a pro.

Assistant Pro

Because you're playing in a comp doesn't mean you own the course. If I'm playing a friendly game with a pp I would like to play the course, not the first 4 holes and turn around and play the same holes again. What if other players are following us up or are on the 1st if we were to take you're advice. What do I pay my membership fees for? If your in a comp you should still play at an acceptable pace. Not 2 holes behind

Quote Originally Posted by C&R View Post
    Because you're playing in a comp doesn't mean you own the course. If I'm playing a friendly game with a pp I would like to play the course, not the first 4 holes and turn around and play the same holes again. What if other players are following us up or are on the 1st if we were to take you're advice. What do I pay my membership fees for? If your in a comp you should still play at an acceptable pace. Not 2 holes behind

Why would you want to play a sociable game on a Comp day anyway
    You know the course will be full of Golfers trying to make a score and hopefully being able to concentrate on that without some inconsiderate players who are out for a friendly knock trying to force their way through them.
    I don't get it, I really don't.

Assistant Pro

You know the course will be full of Golfers trying to make a score and hopefully being able to concentrate on that without some inconsiderate players who are out for a friendly knock trying to force their way through them.
    Because maybe it's the only time that week I can get out for a game. Slow play is killing golf. Why you find it ok is beyond me. Comps don't pay mortgages or bills. It's still just a game of golf

Journeyman Pro

Oh dear this is a selfish attitude. Surely good manners over-rules any two bit competition. Unless the course is 'closed' to other players they have every right to expect to be treated with full respect.

Quote Originally Posted by C&R View Post
    Because maybe it's the only time that week I can get out for a game. Slow play is killing golf. Why you find it ok is beyond me. Comps don't pay mortgages or bills. It's still just a game of golf

Why not enter the Comp then?

Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    Oh dear this is a selfish attitude. Surely good manners over-rules any two bit competition. Unless the course is 'closed' to other players they have every right to expect to be treated with full respect.

Why is it?
    You've got 150 people going out in a Comp (in Summer) all looking to perhaps lower their h'caps or win something from the Comp, so they will be trying and concentrating to that end, you and C&R rock up for a knock just as the last group are going out,(at ours, there is a 4 teetimes slot difference before non Comp players can go out, after the final group), and are then pushing them for the whole round.
    Who's selfish now?

Assistant Pro

[QUOTE=Scrotie McBoogerballs;1746591]Why is it?
    You've got 150 people going out in a Comp (in Summer) all looking to perhaps lower their h'caps or win something from the Comp, so they will be trying and concentrating to that end, you and C&R rock up for a knock just as the last group are going out,(at ours, there is a 4 teetimes slot difference before non Comp players can go out, after the final group), and are then pushing them for the whole round.
    Who's selfish now?

ok Rory stenson. You go girl😂

They were 2 holes behind the group in front Really? Come on. Comp or no comp. they should get on with it
    Last edited by C&R; 12-Sep-2017 at 16:26.