Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Letting people through while in a comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    No complaints from me mate, it's better than Coronation Street our place. I was only asking about being let through during a comp out of interest mate, if I'm not entered into it I wouldn't even contemplate bothering those who are competing.

Problem is
    Some members think coz they're playing a comp they then have the right to take as long as they wish, like it's the Ryder cup or something, or own the place, when they still need to maintain pace of play

See you in a week and a half when we can laugh at Craig in a suit😂😂

Money List Winner

Once upon a time the etiquette section of the Rules was worded very differently. Amongst other things it included priority to those playing in a competition and stated that a single player had absolutely no status on the course at any time ever, ever...

Things have moved on significantly -

"It is a group's responsibility to keep up with the group in front. If it loses a clear hole and it is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through, irrespective of the number of players in that group. Where a group has not lost a clear hole, but it is apparent that the group behind can play faster, it should invite the faster moving group to play through."

So, to paraphrase, all golfers are created equal, except some will always claim otherwise when it suits them...both here and on the course.

One day
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moogie View Post
    Problem is
    Some members think coz they're playing a comp they then have the right to take as long as they wish, like it's the Ryder cup or something, or own the place, when they still need to maintain pace of play

See you in a week and a half when we can laugh at Craig in a suit😂😂
    In which case a polite 'I see you are playing a match and I don't want to be seen to be pushing and hence adding pressure - so you won't mind if I/we just play through?'
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    In which case a polite 'I see you are playing a match and I don't want to be seen to be pushing and hence adding pressure - so you won't mind if I/we just play through?'

Is......the correct answer/approach 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Now you're just being an idiot. Bloody hell, some of the trolls in this place.

Why am I?
    Why would you turn up for a friendly knock with a mate on a Comp day?
    Why not enter the Comp in the first place?
    You know the course will be rammed with groups on every hole and yet you'd expect to be let through?
    There's only one idiot and troll on this thread, pal.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotie McBoogerballs View Post
    Why am I?
    You know the course will be rammed with groups on every hole and yet you'd expect to be let through?
    have you ever stopped to think that people dont live to play golf competitions? perhaps they're working on something, perhaps they enjoy their golf more when playing a non competitive round.

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    have you ever stopped to think that people dont live to play golf competitions? perhaps they're working on something, perhaps they enjoy their golf more when playing a non competitive round.

So play when it isn't a Comp day, simples.

Q-School Graduate

Why am I?
    Why wouldn't you turn up for a friendly knock about with yer mates on a comp day, why should a comp day dictate when you can and can't play, after all 'you've paid yer subscription' the same as everyone else...

Problem is that the 'life of today' is very much different to 20, 30 even 40yrs ago when yer average working week was Monday to Friday 8-5 and the weekend was the weekend, lots of people now work (willingly or otherwise) 6 and 7 day weeks and only get the chance to have a round every once in a while, last thing they want is to be told they can't play cos there's a comp on, I don't know about you but I'd be seriously pi**ed if I were told that on my only day off in the last fortnight...

Food for thought maybe...
    Wilson Deep-Red 3-wood (Fatshaft) King Cobra 7 wood. Macgregor DX 22* hybrid. 6-SW King Cobra 3100i/h. Maxfli 60*. Tour Edge 50*. Ping C67 putter...

I wonder if people are really as obdurate on the course and real life as they appear in text?
    Lifes too short to be like that.
    Forever trying.

Assistant Pro

So play when it isn't a Comp day, simples.
    Drip and your really boring. God you must be a nightmare to play golf with