Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Q-School Graduate

Re: Swearing - care required

Don't mind someone swearing in the slightest (lightens the mood most times) but some do take it a bit to far at times which can become a bit embarrassing, I'm always quite mindful of the company I'm in when I'm playing with someone new, I'll usually wait for them to drop the first 'clanger' before I relax my vocabulary...
    Wilson Deep-Red 3-wood (Fatshaft) King Cobra 7 wood. Macgregor DX 22* hybrid. 6-SW King Cobra 3100i/h. Maxfli 60*. Tour Edge 50*. Ping C67 putter...

Money List Winner

Unfortunately swearing is one of my vices. Read somewhere it is lack of knowledge of the queens language that causes us to swear. On the course all swearing is directed at myself.
    Oddly enough a PP when he hits a bad shot or putt usually says " oh Nigel, or blinkin Eck Nigel". That usually gets more of a Micky take response than swearing.

Q-School Graduate

Or an extension of the 'Queens English' if you like...
    Wilson Deep-Red 3-wood (Fatshaft) King Cobra 7 wood. Macgregor DX 22* hybrid. 6-SW King Cobra 3100i/h. Maxfli 60*. Tour Edge 50*. Ping C67 putter...

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

I was brought up in a no-swearing house (other than the swearies that my father uttered in Gaelic). Simply because, I was told, it just wasn't necessary. In fact my father would also say that 'it's not what you say it's the way that you say it'

So for instance - the 1980's Jewson advert that had the punchline 'We've got the Jewson Lot' actually grated because I knew that 'Jewson' was simply a euphemism for a word that would get me an infraction.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    Guy at our club walked into the clubhouse the other Sunday and was asked how he played. He said he drove it like a something, hit iron shots like a something, chipped like a something and putted like a something. The something was the ultimate swear word. It was at pretty top volume and there were kids around. And he then got the hump when someone picked him up on it.

Standards are dropping.
    When I was 5 years old in the 1980s my dad took me to watch Leeds vs Man Utd.
    The old chap behind me used every single swear word under the sun for the whole game.
    I was sat literally in front of him and had turned around at one point to look at him. He acknowledged me, then carried on.

Standards are the same.
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

You don't go into a pub in Glasgow if you are offended by wee swearies (and lots of them). It's quite funny actually when you've not been in one for a good while.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done