Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,152

    Sharing a driver.

    A pal of mine bought a cobra driver two months after hitting another PPs said it was gorgeous. It's now on eBay. Says it is a bag of crap. He is now looking at a Ping with the exact same specks as mine.
    Anyway tomorrow we are in a nine hole comp and I mentioned about him using my club for thompsons and the back nine after. He asked if it was possible with it being a comp. I mentioned as long as he has no more than 14 bats he should be ok.

    But is that the case?

    That aside, the Driver is set up for me not him. My swing speed is far lower than his beast swing so it could be interesting.

  2. #2
    Money List Winner rosecott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Posts
    5,473

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    A pal of mine bought a cobra driver two months after hitting another PPs said it was gorgeous. It's now on eBay. Says it is a bag of crap. He is now looking at a Ping with the exact same specks as mine.
    Anyway tomorrow we are in a nine hole comp and I mentioned about him using my club for thompsons and the back nine after. He asked if it was possible with it being a comp. I mentioned as long as he has no more than 14 bats he should be ok.

    But is that the case?

    That aside, the Driver is set up for me not him. My swing speed is far lower than his beast swing so it could be interesting.
    Tashyboy talk in riddles, what are thompsons?

  3. #3
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17,746

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    A pal of mine bought a cobra driver two months after hitting another PPs said it was gorgeous. It's now on eBay. Says it is a bag of crap. He is now looking at a Ping with the exact same specks as mine.
    Anyway tomorrow we are in a nine hole comp and I mentioned about him using my club for thompsons and the back nine after. He asked if it was possible with it being a comp. I mentioned as long as he has no more than 14 bats he should be ok.

    But is that the case?

    That aside, the Driver is set up for me not him. My swing speed is far lower than his beast swing so it could be interesting.
    I think youll find its against the rules and to share clubs as a team you have to have no more than 14 between you
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  4. #4
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,041

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    Tashyboy talk in riddles, what are thompsons?
    Peters? Erm...whatever they are...
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  5. #5
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    Tashyboy talk in riddles, what are thompsons?
    You know what Jim I don't know hang on let me read it again.

    It should read "the comp". flippin spell check.

    PS, have you played the Nottinghamshire, we have a freebie there on Thursday due to the Notts PGA taking over our place.

  6. #6
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    22,248

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    If you're playing a 9 hole comp on the front 9 then continuing to play the back 9 then I don't see why he can't use it on the back 9 as the comp holes have been completed.....
    Don't do it during the comp though...
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

    Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  7. #7
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    I think youll find its against the rules and to share clubs as a team you have to have no more than 14 between you

    Sorry Chris it is a nine hole individual comp not a team comp.

  8. #8
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    If you're playing a 9 hole comp on the front 9 then continuing to play the back 9 then I don't see why he can't use it on the back 9 as the comp holes have been completed.....
    Don't do it during the comp though...
    Cheers Imurg me man👍

  9. #9
    Money List Winner rosecott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Posts
    5,473

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    You know what Jim I don't know hang on let me read it again.

    It should read "the comp". flippin spell check.

    PS, have you played the Nottinghamshire, we have a freebie there on Thursday due to the Notts PGA taking over our place.
    Well worth a visit, plenty water to wash your balls in.

  10. #10
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17,746

    Re: Sharing a driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Sorry Chris it is a nine hole individual comp not a team comp.
    Individual comp was covered by the " it's against the rules" bit Tashy me lad!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Stop Getting On Rory McIlroy’s Back, We’re Lucky To Have Him

Having seen some recent social media comments, I feel it is time to remember just how good Rory McIlroy is after a season plagued by injury

September 20, 2017

Justin Rose Pledges Support To Save Southwood Golf Course In Hampshire

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough, Hampshire is under threat from the local council and Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose pledged support to save the course he played as a junior

September 20, 2017

American Golf Deals: The Best Current Offers

We check out the best deal that retailer American Golf currently have on their site

September 20, 2017

Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

The finale of the 2017 PGA Tour season happens at East Lake Golf Club check out who we think will do well with these Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017

Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is getting towards the end of the season, check out who the GM Tipster has picked to do well with these Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017