Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestions for buying new wedges?

Hi, first post on here. Relatively new to golf, 6 months or so. I'm a higher handicap player, usually hit around 90.

I am looking for a new pair of wedges, and looking for some advice or recommendations for what to buy. My pw is a 45 degree, so looking at a 52 and 58. I'll be buying used ones, but ones that have only been hit a few times, nearly new. I have about 100 for the pair. I've read and watched a lot of reviews, spoken with friends and I have narrowed it down to;

Mizuno T7
    Callaway MD forged
    Vega VW raw

My friend has a vega and a callway and both feel really nice. Looks wise I love the callaway and Mizuno, not so much the vega. I can get a new used pair of each for under 100. I''ve just sold an older set of vokeys which I never liked tbh so don't want a set of them but happy to look at others if people can recommend any

cheers

John

Re: Suggestions for buying new wedges?

Hi, welcome to the forum 😀

I think that wedges are such a personal choice that you have to go with your gut feeling and I wouldn't have a scoobie doo on those choices being a Vokey player but if you get the chance to road test any of them it'd be the way forward imo
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

What wedges do you have at the moment ?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Love my Callaway MD3, would definitely recommend. Also, take a look at the Taylormade Milled Grind, really nice looking wedges.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

All the big boys make good wedges, as already said down to preference mainly. Sounds like you have a short list if two already.
    One thing to maybe think about depending of what irons and confidence in ball striking
    http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/g...evealed-139543
    they did the same with the RTX ranges also. No first hand experience I am afraid.

Thanks everybody! I'd seen the mizuno up in scotland last week and had a hit in a golf shop Friday. Luckily there were a pair on ebay local so I have bought them for a decent price. Thanks again, will definitely be using this forum again
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybrando View Post
    Hi, first post on here. Relatively new to golf, 6 months or so. I'm a higher handicap player, usually hit around 90.

I am looking for a new pair of wedges, and looking for some advice or recommendations for what to buy. My pw is a 45 degree, so looking at a 52 and 58. I'll be buying used ones, but ones that have only been hit a few times, nearly new. I have about 100 for the pair. I've read and watched a lot of reviews, spoken with friends and I have narrowed it down to;

Mizuno T7
    Callaway MD forged
    Vega VW raw

My friend has a vega and a callway and both feel really nice. Looks wise I love the callaway and Mizuno, not so much the vega. I can get a new used pair of each for under 100. I''ve just sold an older set of vokeys which I never liked tbh so don't want a set of them but happy to look at others if people can recommend any

cheers

John
    Where you buying from? Have a look at Golfbidder as they have all the makes and models on there. I'd chuck Ping wedges into the equation as well

Look on the for sale section here under H4H auction items, there is a nice set of new MD wedges being auctioned tomorrow, if you are interested PM Fish with your max bid and he will bid for you.
    BTW welcome to the forum.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

I think he's messaged me about them. I'm sorted now pal went with the muzuno t7 😎

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybrando View Post
    I think he's messaged me about them. I'm sorted now pal went with the muzuno t7 😎
    Yes sorry I posted this without reading your post #6

Enjoy the new clubs
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback