Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: club dispute

Re: club dispute

You need to deal with the club and get this sorted. This can get very messy if your local golf association or union get involved and you don't get it sorted. You may find your handicap suspended and you may find it impossible to move to another club.

You must have really pushed the guys buttons to get hauled up for that. There must be more to it surely
    Last edited by DCB; 10-Sep-2017 at 08:51.

Q-School Graduate

Sounds to me like he's the first to go in yer little black book entitled 'who not to play with' and personally if the clubs that 'anal' then I'd be taking my money elsewhere...

I'd also make my intentions to leave and the reason for doing so 'very public' in the process, it's only fair that other members who may find themselves in the same situation as you should know what they're dealing with also...

Not a great swearer myself (well not at the club anyhoo) but sometimes the odd one or two slip out unintentionally, all depends on who yer talking to really, if they swear like a trooper then you tend to get drawn into it but to report you for it is 'pathetic' plain and simple...
    Last edited by Face breaker; 10-Sep-2017 at 08:58.
    Wilson Deep-Red 3-wood (Fatshaft) King Cobra 7 wood. Macgregor DX 22* hybrid. 6-SW King Cobra 3100i/h. Maxfli 60*. Tour Edge 50*. Ping C67 putter...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Blimey, I'd have the course to myself if that was the case at my place.
    Same at mine but without being there and knowing exactly what happened it's hard to comment. There is swearing and SWEARING! Who it's aimed at, how often, how loud, the words used, the context.
    Also not sure why you ignored the letter if it was an official one from the club. It was highly unlikely to be joke.
    As said before, lodge an appeal and state your case. You missed the chance to do so by not responding to the letter but you can try.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Yep. It was only a two foot putt.... you should have made it
    I was a gimmee all day long 🤣
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Challenge Tour Pro

The first thing I would advise you to do is to read the club's rules and regs to confirm the club has followed the laid down procedures for disciplinary procedures.

You cannot be suspended where I play without a disciplinary hearing attended by yourself to explain both sides of the story.

Warning- you cannot just cancel a direct debit agreement if the original was funded by a credit arrangement with some one like Fairway Credit. They and not the club will take you to court for the payment.

You received a letter inviting you to a disciplinary and you ignored it. Not attending to plead your case is an admission of guilt. Not attending when others would have made time to hear your side of the story is just plain ignorant and rude.

3 months for swearing when an apology at the disciplinary meeting would have probably got you a slap on the wrist... that 3 months, probably, also includes the lack of respect you showed to the committee members for not turning up.

No sympathy from me. Suck it up and learn from it.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    You received a letter inviting you to a disciplinary and you ignored it. Not attending to plead your case is an admission of guilt. Not attending when others would have made time to hear your side of the story is just plain ignorant and rude.

3 months for swearing when an apology at the disciplinary meeting would have probably got you a slap on the wrist... that 3 months, probably, also includes the lack of respect you showed to the committee members for not turning up.

I'd agree with this. We had an issue at our club and called the parties in. They turned up, apologised and that was that. If they hadn't attended or not shown contrition the result would certainly have been different.

Golf without swearing? How does that even work?
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Tour Rookie

Things like this happen and they try to blame slow play for declining memberships 🙄🙄🙄
    Cmon mate tell us the full story theres got to be more to this than "aw, crap that was a poor drive"

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post

Really sums up most of what is wrong with golf clubs here, I'm not saying it's not ignorant to not turn up for an arranged committee hearing however would find it strange if the committee would arrange a hearing without at least receiving a reply from the accused. Anyway why should swearing be met with a ban? If he was swearing directly at someone in an aggressive and threatening manner then I could see the need for a committee hearing but swearing in general and swearing whilst playing golf is commonplace at all levels of the game at all clubs and it does no harm. Some people swear like troopers very few don't swear atall, golf clubs need to move with the times realise it's not 1930 and whilst respect should be shown for members of the golf club and the club itself, members are not children in a school class to be told offend punished for not following all of the tedious rules clubs have in place. I wonder If any of the committee members have ever been in a football locker room at half time, they'd all be banned haha