Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66

Thread: club dispute

  1. #31
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gone for good this time!
    Posts
    3,834

    Re: club dispute

    Amazing how many people are prepared to be definitive on this issue and yet none of us know the facts.
    Merely one side of the story been heard and yet that is enough for many of the usual suspects to condemn this particular committee and golf clubs in general.
    Personally I prefer to hear both sides before rushing to judge

  2. #32
    Major Champion bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    19,480

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    Amazing how many people are prepared to be definitive on this issue and yet none of us know the facts.
    Merely one side of the story been heard and yet that is enough for many of the usual suspects to condemn this particular committee and golf clubs in general.
    Personally I prefer to hear both sides before rushing to judge
    I agree.
    To give an opinion, both sides should be heard
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

  3. #33
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,505

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Simple answer. Presumably the suspension is temporary. Continue to serve your suspension & then return to the club when it expires or stop paying. If you stop paying, however, the club will, no doubt, Chuck you out.
    ...and if you leave - like any financial commitment you make that involves future payments over a period - you may well be required to make a settlement period to meet your obligations.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  4. #34
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,505

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    Really sums up most of what is wrong with golf clubs here, I'm not saying it's not ignorant to not turn up for an arranged committee hearing however would find it strange if the committee would arrange a hearing without at least receiving a reply from the accused. Anyway why should swearing be met with a ban? If he was swearing directly at someone in an aggressive and threatening manner then I could see the need for a committee hearing but swearing in general and swearing whilst playing golf is commonplace at all levels of the game at all clubs and it does no harm. Some people swear like troopers very few don't swear atall, golf clubs need to move with the times realise it's not 1930 and whilst respect should be shown for members of the golf club and the club itself, members are not children in a school class to be told offend punished for not following all of the tedious rules clubs have in place. I wonder If any of the committee members have ever been in a football locker room at half time, they'd all be banned haha
    Gratuitous swearing of any form on the golf course is neither required nor should it be acceptable...and that has nothing whatsoever to do with not 'moving with the times'. Most of us (not all) utter a wee swearie from time to time. If I do and I am overheard I will apologise.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  5. #35
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,379

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Gratuitous swearing of any form on the golf course is neither required nor should it be acceptable...and that has nothing whatsoever to do with not 'moving with the times'. Most of us (not all) utter a wee swearie from time to time. If I do and I am overheard I will apologise.
    Or, put another way, it's a golf club not a football locker room.

    I fully appreciate that for some it's doesn't matter where they are; But at that point it becomes irrelevant to bring golf clubs into it ie. It's not a golf club issue.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

    10.8 and moving the right way again...

  6. #36
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    587

    Re: club dispute

    There's usually more to these cases than meets the eye

    BUT if there isn't then I think I'd be contacting the relevant County Union

  7. #37
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    103

    Re: club dispute

    It's your leisure time. That you have paid for.
    If someone's been offended by words, it shouldn't be your problem. It's theirs.

    Quickly move clubs.
    Letter to the the person/committee who banned you with every choice word you can think of. Pay no more money.

  8. #38
    Tour Winner Maninblack4612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    3,097

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    It's your leisure time. That you have paid for.
    If someone's been offended by words, it shouldn't be your problem. It's theirs.

    Quickly move clubs.
    Letter to the the person/committee who banned you with every choice word you can think of. Pay no more money.
    Another ignorant comment by someone who doesn't know the facts. There's a world of difference between someone quietly cursing among his friends & what I once experienced, which was someone shouting obscenities so loudly that he could be heard across two fairways. You may find it hard to believe but there are still people nowadays who don't like to hear swearing. I'm not one of them but I would never swear in front of someone I didn't know in case they were offended. I'm old fashioned enough to think that swearing in front of women is a no no, I can't think of many of our Lady members would appreciate it.

    The OP received a letter asking him to explain himself, he ignored it & suffered the consequences. If he follows your advice it's possible he'd find himself banned from every club in the county.
    Taylormade M1 9, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

  9. #39
    Money List Winner Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Port Louis
    Posts
    5,224

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by harkinsr9 View Post
    I got suspended 3 months for swearing on the course
    I dont want to pay my fees over the next 3 months which amounts to nearly 400 and yet i cant even use the practice area
    All about context really (but that's already been mentioned)

    The swearing may have been the trigger to the whole episode of suspension, but unless the course is in the grounds of a monastery the swearing is perhaps just part of a larger (more juicy) story

  10. #40
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: club dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Another ignorant comment by someone who doesn't know the facts. There's a world of difference between someone quietly cursing among his friends & what I once experienced, which was someone shouting obscenities so loudly that he could be heard across two fairways. You may find it hard to believe but there are still people nowadays who don't like to hear swearing. I'm not one of them but I would never swear in front of someone I didn't know in case they were offended. I'm old fashioned enough to think that swearing in front of women is a no no, I can't think of many of our Lady members would appreciate it.

    The OP received a letter asking him to explain himself, he ignored it & suffered the consequences. If he follows your advice it's possible he'd find himself banned from every club in the county.
    Excellent post MIB .
    I wonder why people feel the need to be so prickly, the situation would seem to have had a clearer outcome if the OP had attended the request from his club.
    I know if I had been involved I would have wanted to meet my accusers face to face.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Game Golf Live Shot Tracking System For Just 129.98 (Save 40)

Get the excellent on course shot tracking and off-course stats

November 21, 2017

Black Friday Groupon Golf Deals

Check out these superb Groupon golf deals, ranging from fourballs to lessons to simulator experiences

November 21, 2017

Hong Kong Open Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour starts the 2018 in Asia with a strong field in attendance, check out who we think will do well with these Hong Kong Open Golf Betting Tips

November 21, 2017

Rose and Fleetwood resume battle at Hong Kong Open

After the thrilling climax of the 2017 European Tour season last week in Dubai, the 2018 schedule begins right away on Thursday. Sam Brazel defends the UBS Hong Kong Open in Fanling and 2017 European Tour Number 1 and Number 2, Tommy Fleetwood and Justin Rose will start.

November 21, 2017

Bushnell Neo Ion Golf Watch for Lowest ever price of 99.48

Very impressive battery life is combined with useful features that help improve accuracy and implementing the correct strategy

November 20, 2017