Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: club dispute

Tour Winner

Re: club dispute

Amazing how many people are prepared to be definitive on this issue and yet none of us know the facts.
    Merely one side of the story been heard and yet that is enough for many of the usual suspects to condemn this particular committee and golf clubs in general.
    Personally I prefer to hear both sides before rushing to judge

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    Amazing how many people are prepared to be definitive on this issue and yet none of us know the facts.
    Merely one side of the story been heard and yet that is enough for many of the usual suspects to condemn this particular committee and golf clubs in general.
    Personally I prefer to hear both sides before rushing to judge
    I agree.
    To give an opinion, both sides should be heard
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Simple answer. Presumably the suspension is temporary. Continue to serve your suspension & then return to the club when it expires or stop paying. If you stop paying, however, the club will, no doubt, Chuck you out.
    ...and if you leave - like any financial commitment you make that involves future payments over a period - you may well be required to make a settlement period to meet your obligations.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    Really sums up most of what is wrong with golf clubs here, I'm not saying it's not ignorant to not turn up for an arranged committee hearing however would find it strange if the committee would arrange a hearing without at least receiving a reply from the accused. Anyway why should swearing be met with a ban? If he was swearing directly at someone in an aggressive and threatening manner then I could see the need for a committee hearing but swearing in general and swearing whilst playing golf is commonplace at all levels of the game at all clubs and it does no harm. Some people swear like troopers very few don't swear atall, golf clubs need to move with the times realise it's not 1930 and whilst respect should be shown for members of the golf club and the club itself, members are not children in a school class to be told offend punished for not following all of the tedious rules clubs have in place. I wonder If any of the committee members have ever been in a football locker room at half time, they'd all be banned haha
    Gratuitous swearing of any form on the golf course is neither required nor should it be acceptable...and that has nothing whatsoever to do with not 'moving with the times'. Most of us (not all) utter a wee swearie from time to time. If I do and I am overheard I will apologise.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Gratuitous swearing of any form on the golf course is neither required nor should it be acceptable...and that has nothing whatsoever to do with not 'moving with the times'. Most of us (not all) utter a wee swearie from time to time. If I do and I am overheard I will apologise.
    Or, put another way, it's a golf club not a football locker room.

I fully appreciate that for some it's doesn't matter where they are; But at that point it becomes irrelevant to bring golf clubs into it ie. It's not a golf club issue.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...

Assistant Pro

There's usually more to these cases than meets the eye

BUT if there isn't then I think I'd be contacting the relevant County Union

Club Champion

It's your leisure time. That you have paid for.
    If someone's been offended by words, it shouldn't be your problem. It's theirs.

Quickly move clubs.
    Letter to the the person/committee who banned you with every choice word you can think of. Pay no more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    It's your leisure time. That you have paid for.
    If someone's been offended by words, it shouldn't be your problem. It's theirs.

Quickly move clubs.
    Letter to the the person/committee who banned you with every choice word you can think of. Pay no more money.
    Another ignorant comment by someone who doesn't know the facts. There's a world of difference between someone quietly cursing among his friends & what I once experienced, which was someone shouting obscenities so loudly that he could be heard across two fairways. You may find it hard to believe but there are still people nowadays who don't like to hear swearing. I'm not one of them but I would never swear in front of someone I didn't know in case they were offended. I'm old fashioned enough to think that swearing in front of women is a no no, I can't think of many of our Lady members would appreciate it.

The OP received a letter asking him to explain himself, he ignored it & suffered the consequences. If he follows your advice it's possible he'd find himself banned from every club in the county.
    Taylormade M1 9, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Odyssey Metal X No. 1,Ping Anser Redwood, Ping Anser blade (1960s vintage) (depending on how they behave)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by harkinsr9 View Post
    I got suspended 3 months for swearing on the course
    I dont want to pay my fees over the next 3 months which amounts to nearly 400 and yet i cant even use the practice area
    All about context really (but that's already been mentioned)

The swearing may have been the trigger to the whole episode of suspension, but unless the course is in the grounds of a monastery the swearing is perhaps just part of a larger (more juicy) story

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Another ignorant comment by someone who doesn't know the facts. There's a world of difference between someone quietly cursing among his friends & what I once experienced, which was someone shouting obscenities so loudly that he could be heard across two fairways. You may find it hard to believe but there are still people nowadays who don't like to hear swearing. I'm not one of them but I would never swear in front of someone I didn't know in case they were offended. I'm old fashioned enough to think that swearing in front of women is a no no, I can't think of many of our Lady members would appreciate it.

The OP received a letter asking him to explain himself, he ignored it & suffered the consequences. If he follows your advice it's possible he'd find himself banned from every club in the county.
    Excellent post MIB .
    I wonder why people feel the need to be so prickly, the situation would seem to have had a clearer outcome if the OP had attended the request from his club.
    I know if I had been involved I would have wanted to meet my accusers face to face.