Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Re: Ladies match issue

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    Mens/Scratch/Ladies/Juniors/Veterans should make no difference, all should be afforded the same respect and courtesy

Sadly this isn't always the case
    Indeed. I doubt there would have been the same level of moaning had it been a men's team match.

On several occasions I've been in the first group in a team match and waited on almost every shot for men in front who I dare say would never have done that to the men's scratch team.

Golf has a long way to go to eradicate such sexist attitudes.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.4

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Club Champion

Irrelevant of whether I'm playing in a comp, match, social game.
    I let any group through regardless of sex or age if they are faster than thou.
    And that's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    Irrelevant of whether I'm playing in a comp, match, social game.
    I let any group through regardless of sex or age if they are faster than thou.
    And that's how it should be.
    100% agree, competition or not, if your faster and will move on ahead into a gap then your going through. Has to be a gap or slower groups ahead to go through, unless we are just painfully slow and will help ease some tension.
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Just been down to the club and found out a few more details to answer some of the comments posted.

The final fourball teed off at around 9.40am and finished at 3.15. 5 hours 35 minutes.
    It is not a private club - it is one of the Crown group where "the club" has playing rights on the course.
    All of the women players were loudly complaining afterwards about being pressured from behind with an attitude of "we were in a match so we had total priority".

It is the latter comment that is drawing the most ire. Just because you are playing a match that is important in your own little world does not give you the right to ruin everyone else's game behind you.

Money List Winner

over five and a half hours is inexcusable,
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17
    WS Fybrid RS 23
    WS Fybrid RS 26
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6
    2017 11.6>10.7

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    Just been down to the club and found out a few more details to answer some of the comments posted.

The final fourball teed off at around 9.40am and finished at 3.15. 5 hours 35 minutes.
    It is not a private club - it is one of the Crown group where "the club" has playing rights on the course.
    All of the women players were loudly complaining afterwards about being pressured from behind with an attitude of "we were in a match so we had total priority".

It is the latter comment that is drawing the most ire. Just because you are playing a match that is important in your own little world does not give you the right to ruin everyone else's game behind you.
    Ever considered that the entire team match may have been held up by P&P groups in front?

5hr 30 isn't unusual, at times, for some Crown courses!!

And you still haven't resolved whether the claim of 'total priority' was correct or not! That's something that needs to be determined before any criticism is made!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    McGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
    Is the fact that they were ladies relevant?
    I've played at multiple clubs where if you tee off after the alloted ladies slot then your not getting through plain and simple. seems common amongst the clubs I've played that women refuse to let the men through

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Indeed. I doubt there would have been the same level of moaning had it been a men's team match.

On several occasions I've been in the first group in a team match and waited on almost every shot for men in front who I dare say would never have done that to the men's scratch team.

Yep - it's tiring to be honest and frustrating - one reason I play less golf these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post

If I teed off behind a match I wouldn't expect to get through, nor would I pressure them by playing close up behind them. If invited through I'd politely decline - there's no point in going through when there's x number of matches in front of them. Equally, if I was in a match I'd be disappointed to be chased. If playing slowly for whatever reason I'd offer the group behind to go through.

5.5 hours is too long, and a politely worded letter to the team captain might be as far as I'd expect the club to go. Representative matches from ladies, gents, juniors, rabbits etc are part of the fabric of the game, and I respect that.
    Give it big humpties

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    If I teed off behind a match I wouldn't expect to get through, nor would I pressure them by playing close up behind them. If invited through I'd politely decline - there's no point in going through when there's x number of matches in front of them. Equally, if I was in a match I'd be disappointed to be chased. If playing slowly for whatever reason I'd offer the group behind to go through.

5.5 hours is too long, and a politely worded letter to the team captain might be as far as I'd expect the club to go. Representative matches from ladies, gents, juniors, rabbits etc are part of the fabric of the game, and I respect that.
    Sums it up nicely for me. As an aside, Mrs BiM asked what I was posting about; I gave her the brief circumstances and her immediate comment was "Surely if you're that slow you should let people through?"..

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post

Having been on the wrong end of a completely unjustified mouthful from ladies who had chosen to go off early behind a club 4 ball match I can assure you that it cuts both ways Karen.