Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

La Vuelta/ Tour of Britain

I am quite getting into watching these on ITV4, I am sure there are others watching too

La Vuelta is similar to the Tor de France, with lots of climbs and different stage winners but every stage on the Tour of Britain has come down to a sprint finish. Now I know we don't have the same mountains has Spain and France but I would have thought they would have at least one stage in the Lake District or Snowdonia or even the Highlands.

It seems that has long as the winner of the time trial finishes in the peleton he will win the Tour.

I have enjoyed watching it, today's stage was a good but again a sprint finish,, what do the cyclists on here think?
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Re: La Vuelta/ Tour of Britain

Watched the Vuelta with great interest, especially as it went past our village. Horrendous weather last week through Andalucia,
    Give it big humpties

Love the Vuelta watching every day. Plenty of brutal climbs perfect viewing.

Tour of Britain is boring don't bother with it personally.
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

Money List Winner

Think Froome should deserve at least top 3 in SPOTY. But for a number of reasons I suspect he'll do well to get nominated.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Froome returns an "adverse" result from a test in Vuelta.

Such a dirty, dirty sport.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Froome returns an "adverse" result from a test in Vuelta.

Such a dirty, dirty sport.
    Do you really think Froome would knowingly cheat?
    Cant help but feel this is another anti British cycling campaign by the big French teams and a media looking to dis someone they don’t like.
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Do you really think Froome would knowingly cheat?
    True - it's not like the sport is historically riddled with cheats at its upper echelons...
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

Seems the result is due to increased use of an asthma inhaler salbutamol and it was under his team docs instructions as he has asthma to increase the use of the inhaler as his symptoms got worse but would still be within the allowed limit

it appears he had double the allowed limit and is facing a 1 year ban.....

Challenge Tour Pro

I do laugh at those who call cycling such a dirty sport yet say very little about the caught cheats in other sports. Cycling has a poor reputation and deservedly so, other sports have a good reputation, often undeserving.

I'm a huge cycling fan and have been since the late 80s but it doesn't help itself. I don't have any facts but I had heard that 80% of the peloton have asthma, what are the chances of that eh ? I bet no other professional sport has such a high percentage.