Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted

Gutted

Just back from A and E have a small buckle fracture of the wrist when I fell playing 5's tonight. Strapped up and recommended no golf for at least 4 weeks.

Singles semi final tomorrow at 1pm and looks like I have to give a bye into the final, did think about playing one handed for 5 mins then came to my senses.

Nice way to end my match play ties, should know better playing football at my age.
    Got a trip planned to Dundonald on Tuesday going to try lots of ice and a support to make it lol.

Q-School Graduate

Re: Gutted

Bummer, strap well and a nice tight/firm tubi-grip, swing easier and some 'Ibuprofen' should get you through the day, worth a try anyhoo...
    Wilson Deep-Red 3-wood (Fatshaft) King Cobra 7 wood. Macgregor DX 22* hybrid. 6-SW King Cobra 3100i/h. Maxfli 60*. Tour Edge 50*. Ping C67 putter...

At present you have a stable fracture. If you play, and extend the buckle, you risk turning a 3-4 week lay off into an 8 week lay off, including an op to restabilise the fracture. Your choice but I'd recommend not playing.
    Give it big humpties

Cheers mate, going to lay off as you say better 4 weeks than 8 at least.

hard luck old boy, injury is a pain in the bum.

PS you are too old for football
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

I feel your pain. I haven't played for five weeks now due to health issues. Like you I had to give my scratch semi-final to the other guy. was annoyed at first but have got over it now.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Just back from A and E have a small buckle fracture of the wrist when I fell playing 5's tonight. Strapped up and recommended no golf for at least 4 weeks.

Singles semi final tomorrow at 1pm and looks like I have to give a bye into the final, did think about playing one handed for 5 mins then came to my senses.

Nice way to end my match play ties, should know better playing football at my age.
    Got a trip planned to Dundonald on Tuesday going to try lots of ice and a support to make it lol.
    I had a scaphoid fracture playing in goal when I was 16.
    It was misdiagnosed as a sprain , ended up having a major op on it and it's plagued me all my life.
    Sort it out now , no golf until it's healed properly .
    Theres always another game but your health comes first.
    good luck.

Be patient, suck up the walkover and get back asap. Better that than a longer wait and back in time for frozen/temp greens

Money List Winner

A stitch in time could save nine, if it is crap now play tomorrow and it will be proper crap. Gutted for you but give it a miss.

Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

Spent over 3 hours in A & E myself yesterday. Was bitten on my arm by something at Sunningdale on Wednesday and by Thursday morning there was a four inch swelling down the arm. By the time I got to work the swelling had got to five inches so I went to the chemists and they gave me some antihistamine tablets but said if it increased any more I should go to A & E. A couple of hours later I was duly sat in the queue waiting to see the doctor. Eventually came away with a course of antibiotics but was told that if I started to get lines up my arm I would have to be admitted to get antibiotics by intravenous drip. One day on and the swelling hasn't gone down but it hasn't increased either.
    G20, Cobra S9.1 3 wood, TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 6-PW, Titleist 52,56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Scotty Futura X..