Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

How long would you wait on the 10th.

Talking to a guy who played with us lot today. He played at another local course with another lad and has now joined our place after having a major fallout out at his last place. In essence the other course used a booking system where you could start at both the 1st and 10th hole. Anyway said guy and his 3 PP got to the 10th after playing the front nine and there was a Queue where some had not started there rounds. They were told to get to the back. They had an amble to the club shop and asked what was the situation, can they play through or what. They were told nope they had to wait 1hr and 20 mins til the tee times cleared. They were advised they could have a drink in the clubhouse or go on the range. There four mates behind them turned up after the front nine and asked what was goin off. Words were exchanged, two lads who paid and played walked straight off the course and said stuff your course. The other six are five day members and have said they will not renew next year and are coming to ours.
    Now it seems the system is a bit wonky at the other course but how long would you wait to continue your round.
    PS watching someone knock it 580yds in two shots is impressive the Bighead. 😳😁👍

Re: How long would you wait on the 10th.

Not sure I would wait, surely people who are mid round should have priority over those waiting to start?

Handicap 28>27>25.8>25.4>25.5>24.7>23.7>23.3.>22>20.5>17.6. 17.7>17.8>17.9>18>17.7
    http://www.newforestgolfclub.co.uk/

I used to play on a nine hole course. The etiquette there was the first group turning had priority and then groups alternated between those starting and those turning. That worked okay.

I wouldn't stay at a club where you had to wait more than 10 minutes at the 10th on a regular basis. I'd be with your mates and leaving the course.

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

starting at both tees is surely asking for trouble,
    I agree with SaintH that those in mid round should have priority, are they looking to lose members or what?
    Driver Callaway Epic
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    Hybrid Callaway Epic
    wilson staff FG Tour v4 utility iron Reg
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy2 52, 58 degree A-Flex
    Putter Ping Scottsdale Grayhawk 34 inch with Fatso 50 Grip
    Handicap 19.7 Whipsnade Park GC
    2017 Imurg Challenge : Me 12 : 16 Him

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Talking to a guy who played with us lot today. He played at another local course with another lad and has now joined our place after having a major fallout out at his last place. In essence the other course used a booking system where you could start at both the 1st and 10th hole. Anyway said guy and his 3 PP got to the 10th after playing the front nine and there was a Queue where some had not started there rounds. They were told to get to the back. They had an amble to the club shop and asked what was the situation, can they play through or what. They were told nope they had to wait 1hr and 20 mins til the tee times cleared. They were advised they could have a drink in the clubhouse or go on the range. There four mates behind them turned up after the front nine and asked what was goin off. Words were exchanged, two lads who paid and played walked straight off the course and said stuff your course. The other six are five day members and have said they will not renew next year and are coming to ours.
    Now it seems the system is a bit wonky at the other course but how long would you wait to continue your round.
    PS watching someone knock it 580yds in two shots is impressive the Bighead. 
    Name and shame.

We have a 2 tee start and it manages pretty well. First there goes, and then players coming round dovetail with any groups waiting. Not really a problem unless there's a big comp on.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    Name and shame.
    yes
    please do...
    Ping G30 driver // Cobra Amp 3 wood // Hybrids - Amp Cell and Ping G5
    Cobra Amp Cell irons // Trusty Rusty & Vokey wedges // TM Ghost Spider putter
    @merv_swerve - Newark GC

At ours, starting off the 10 is allowed only as an exception after clearing it with the registration office (at least that's the official policy, it is accepted that members start off the 10th if the 9th hole is completely free, so you are certain you are not holding anyone up), but in any case, players coming off the 9th hole take precedence over players starting off the 10th.

Club where I played before did have official starts of the 1st and 10th tee, but there, too, players coming off the 9th hole always had the right of way.

I guess the only exception to that would be if there is an official comp starting off the 1st and 10th tee. In that case, players who went out before that and are still on the front nine when the comp is starting would have to suspend their round and wait till every group from the comp had started.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Assistant Pro

Madness

I'd only let one group of 10th hole starters go in front

If this is 'normal' I'd be leaving and getting refunded

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    or go to the range
    Would this even be permitted in a comp? (I know you can't practice on the course but never thought of hitting the range mid-round!)

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    Madness

I'd only let one group of 10th hole starters go in front

If this is 'normal' I'd be leaving and getting refunded

Would this even be permitted in a comp? (I know you can't practice on the course but never thought of hitting the range mid-round!)
    Dont think they were playing in a comp