Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

Quote Originally Posted by Swingalot View Post
    The 2nd is a tricky hole. Anything rightside of fairway you will be blocked out by a large tree that blocks that side if the fairway, so you must get as left as possible but if you go too far left then you will find more trees or if your lucky another fairway. The approach shot is up a steep hill to a raised green (can be a 2 club hill). The green is big but pretty steep again from front up to the back.

Hope that helps.
    Cool, thanks!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.4

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Ryder Cup Winner

Typical resort course, some nice holes some forgettable holes. Wouldn't rush back, especially as it's 7 hours away

Like others have said I don't remember much about the course. Lots of mature trees and a bit of water in places. Good luck with your match.

I played both courses there last October..... there are only 3 things that I remeber:

1. some guy ran across 2 fairways to tell my mate to tuck the back of his shirt in
    2. there is a par 5 with a ditch running across it with a big tree on the right hand side....its a 250 carry. I learned that yes I can carry it but it really wasn't worth the risk.
    3. It's a course to place yourself around.....just get in good positions and the rest will follow

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Typical resort course, some nice holes some forgettable holes. Wouldn't rush back, especially as it's 7 hours away
    It is a bit of a trek. I think I'll be playing it at least 4 times so it's probably a once in s lifetime trip!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Cool, thanks!
    No problem. By the way, I like the course and personally think the closing 4 holes as a combination are one of the best around. Enjoy.
    In the bag:
    Taylormade SLDR 9.5 deg
    3 Ping Crossover
    TaylorMade Rocketbalz 19 deg and 21deg rescue.
    Mizuno JPX825pro 4-Pw
    60deg lob wedge Callaway X
    Ping Kedsh Putter

Handicap - 9.6

I live across the road, my wife is a member,,,

2nd hole does twist a bit but there is more room left than it appears... for lower handicap ladies it's a gimme if you can hit a high draw!! It's uphill to the green so plays a club longer. The "no-no" is getting blocked out by the large oak on the right, very popular place!

I'd highlight the 5th hole as it is very positional...big slope into trouble right of fairway. If you reach the road even long left you can run down the road and lost ball!

Lots of trees everywhere... it is a typical hotel course... if it's in good shape, its very good, if not , marginal!

Don't always reach for driver...

If you want a hand when you practice, let me know
    Last edited by IanM; 08-Sep-2017 at 09:34.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Cheers Ian good info!

It does look like a course I might use the driver sparingly if I was playing singles but might need to risk it for the extra distance to help my partner. Depends if the driver is behaving on the day if not!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid

Im a member here, a few tips.

Agree with the comment on the 2nd hole. Don't go right. From the red tees you should be need to position a shot just right of the big tree on the left. Long and left over that tree could be ok as long as you don't go too far left. The raised green is tricky and again don't go right or long, a tricky up and down from there.
    Better to be short on the green for a uphill putt.

QUOTE=FairwayDodger;1744605]Any knowledge of this course on the forum?

I'm playing a 4somes comp there next month and currently trying to work out the best way round for my partner and I to play it. We'll get a practice round when we get there but I'd appreciate any local knowledge. Bearing in mind we'll be playing from the red tees!

I'm particularly intrigued by the 2nd hole which the card is showing as a 323 yard par 5 (from the reds), which should make it a short par 4 in my book! Is that a typo or is it a weird gnarly hole with hazards they don't think ladies can carry?[/QUOTE]