Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,298

    Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Any knowledge of this course on the forum?

    I'm playing a 4somes comp there next month and currently trying to work out the best way round for my partner and I to play it. We'll get a practice round when we get there but I'd appreciate any local knowledge. Bearing in mind we'll be playing from the red tees!

    I'm particularly intrigued by the 2nd hole which the card is showing as a 323 yard par 5 (from the reds), which should make it a short par 4 in my book! Is that a typo or is it a weird gnarly hole with hazards they don't think ladies can carry?
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.5

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

  2. #2
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Any knowledge of this course on the forum?

    I'm playing a 4somes comp there next month and currently trying to work out the best way round for my partner and I to play it. We'll get a practice round when we get there but I'd appreciate any local knowledge. Bearing in mind we'll be playing from the red tees!

    I'm particularly intrigued by the 2nd hole which the card is showing as a 323 yard par 5 (from the reds), which should make it a short par 4 in my book! Is that a typo or is it a weird gnarly hole with hazards they don't think ladies can carry?
    Have a play with this Karen, it takes a bit to load up the aerial image dependent on your speed but you can get the gist of each hole.

    The 2D planner is quicker and better on the eye than the 3D

    You'll eagle that 2nd

    http://www.provisualizer.com/courses/stpierreold.php
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

    Hcp: 16.5

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    59,642

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Won the GM Order of Merit regional qualifier there and apart from the last I can't really remember any of the holes. All pretty mundane.

  4. #4
    Medal Winner kevingopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    28

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Have a play with this Karen, it takes a bit to load up the aerial image dependent on your speed but you can get the gist of each hole.

    The 2D planner is quicker and better on the eye than the 3D

    You'll eagle that 2nd

    http://www.provisualizer.com/courses/stpierreold.php
    The provisualizer is quite good, thanks for that. Will use it in the future
    A load of Titleist bits and bobs & an Edel putter.7 HC @ Saunton GC

  5. #5
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,298

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Have a play with this Karen, it takes a bit to load up the aerial image dependent on your speed but you can get the gist of each hole.

    The 2D planner is quicker and better on the eye than the 3D

    You'll eagle that 2nd

    http://www.provisualizer.com/courses/stpierreold.php
    Thanks Robin - that's a fascinating website, I think I could lose a few hours playing with it.

    That 2nd hole is still a mystery, though, seems very simple! Anyone remember playing it?
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.5

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

  6. #6
    Major Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    16,093

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Thanks Robin - that's a fascinating website, I think I could lose a few hours playing with it.

    That 2nd hole is still a mystery, though, seems very simple! Anyone remember playing it?
    The hotel has a good snooker room, but that is all I can remember about the place.
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

    Handicap 11.5

    Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

  7. #7
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,298

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Quote Originally Posted by richart View Post
    The hotel has a good snooker room, but that is all I can remember about the place.
    Useless!

    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.5

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

  8. #8
    Challenge Tour Pro Swingalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Deepest darkest Kent
    Posts
    572

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    The 2nd is a tricky hole. Anything rightside of fairway you will be blocked out by a large tree that blocks that side if the fairway, so you must get as left as possible but if you go too far left then you will find more trees or if your lucky another fairway. The approach shot is up a steep hill to a raised green (can be a 2 club hill). The green is big but pretty steep again from front up to the back.

    Hope that helps.
    In the bag:
    Taylormade SLDR 9.5 deg
    3 Ping Crossover
    TaylorMade Rocketbalz 19 deg and 21deg rescue.
    Mizuno JPX825pro 4-Pw
    60deg lob wedge Callaway X
    Ping Kedsh Putter

    Handicap - 9.6

  9. #9

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post

    I'm particularly intrigued by the 2nd hole which the card is showing as a 323 yard par 5 (from the reds)
    Condor chance!
    handicap +28 (August 2017)
    handicap (still) +28 (November 2017)

  10. #10
    Challenge Tour Pro mikejohnchapman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    570

    Re: Marriott St Pierre Old Course

    A very weather dependent course in my opinion.

    Quite high in parts so the wind can be a big factor. Also clay based so the fairways can be very sticky with little run if it's been wet.

    Rough not too bad - largely set up as a resort course but the mature trees punish off line shots.
    Callaway XR16 Driver
    Titleist 915 F 3 Wood
    Titleist 910 H 18 Deg Hybrid
    Mizuno H5 4 Iron
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 54 & 58 Deg Wedges
    Scotty Camerion Newport DB putter

    H/c 4.7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Bushnell Neo Ion Golf Watch for Lowest ever price of £99.48

Very impressive battery life is combined with useful features that help improve accuracy and implementing the correct strategy

November 20, 2017

Ashes Injury Scare: Stuart Broad Hit By Stray Golf Ball

There was an injury scare for the England team when Stuart Broad was hit by a stray golf ball!

November 20, 2017

Austin Cook wins The RSM Classic

PGA Tour rookie Austin Cook held off the pack to win The RSM Classic at Sea Island Resort in Georgia. J.J. Spaun was second with Brian Gay third.

November 20, 2017

Rahm and Fleetwood are winners in Dubai

Spain’s Jon Rahm won the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai by a single shot while a late stumble by Justin Rose allowed Tommy Fleetwood to secure the Race to Dubai title.

November 19, 2017