Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

Re: Annual trip to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Garush34 View Post
    If your going Edinburgh way, have you played the Gullane/North Berwick area courses. Lots of choice there.
    Got any specific recommendations?

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pool888 View Post
    https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/golfoffers/

If there is anything on there you will be playing let me know and I can post the voucher if it's any good to you. Some are £12 others £15, some are valid 7 days others just Monday to Friday depends on the course.
    Thanks, very kind. Having a quick scan of the list, I imagine we'd definitely play Stonehaven as it is so close to where we are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by woody69 View Post
    Got any specific recommendations?
    Any of the 3 courses at Gullane are good, all different tests depending on what your after. Also The west links at North Berwick, my favorite course to play. I hear good things about Dunbar and Longniddry too but have yet to play them. All would be within your budget I'd have thought most you'll spend would be £100ish a round.
    In the Bag:

Titleist 910 D3 9.5 degree Grafalloy blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Callaway X Hot pro hybrid 16 degree
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.7

http://www.mintogolf.co.uk/

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    You won't play Trump, but may play Carnoustie? I can't help you sorry.

if fact, I don't think anyone can
    http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/course...-courses-60876

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    This is a great shout although it is not really that near Berwick in driving terms. You go up the A1, turn onto the A697 just past Morpeth and drive to it that way. Well worth it as said.

You will grin like an idiot playing the par 3 10th. Every golf designer building 200+yd par 3's should play this hole and accept they are wrong.
    I had to look at that and loved it! I agree, everyone is going for long holes whereas this is a different type of challenge.
    10th hole flyover

Play Edzell there open is in 2 weeks and will be in superb condition, some decent places to eat in Montrose as well and the course is class if playing Montrose use the Mercantile club for food and drink its cheap and superb quality.
    www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Hcp :- Embarrassing

If you do head to Carnoustie and need another course to play nearby then Panmure is worth a look. It is a links course but with a few more parkland style holes late in the back nine. Not a 'great' course but it is decent and fairly difficult - one extremely challenging par four (around the 5th from memory) was the standout.

Goswick will be hosting the EGU men's senior county championship early next month so will be in good condition .Great time of year to play the Hirsel.

Dunbar, Gullane or North Berwick in East Lothian well worth a game or Mortonhall just off the Edinburgh bypass worth a look.

Tour Winner

From the foregoing posts, l like the way you've been given half of Scotland to choose from - even though you're only going for a week .

Given where you're staying, my suggestions would be Montrose as a must, plus Forfar & Edzell. Panmure a good shout if you're going near Carnoustie.

(Peterculter l can only recall for getting the wettest l've ever been on a golf course. Sadly that eclipses any recollection of the course itself ... l think it was next to the river - but that might have just been the 10th fairway).
    Handicap Challenge - 18.7 (10 Oct)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Quote Originally Posted by stevek1969 View Post
    Play Edzell there open is in 2 weeks and will be in superb condition, some decent places to eat in Montrose as well and the course is class if playing Montrose use the Mercantile club for food and drink its cheap and superb quality.
    Be quick about it, only a handful of late tee times left, plus chance to play off the whites.

Also agree about the Merkie if you play Montrose.