Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Golf in South West London

Looking for recommendations for course/club in 30/40 minute drive of Tooting area South London? Only real preference is if there's a driving range too, would be a real plus.

Thanks

Medal Winner

Re: Golf in South West London

absolutely loads of courses heading south, in SW London/Surrey depending on budget.

World of golf driving range is about 20min from tooting in New malden.
    A bit further down the A3 you have Silvermere which is a nice course and driving range. Richmond park also has both but the course is a little bland, there is also Leatherhead and Hampton Court.

Tour Rookie

Wimbledon common is very close and i think the cheapest course around too at only £800 a year. The A3 driving range is just up the road too. There are comps on every single weekend and you'll never be without a game. It's also a very friendly clubhouse too. Give it a try

I regularly use the World of Golf range but looking for a course/club to join, Shirley Park/Croham Hurst/Surrey Downs have been suggested?

Mitcham would be the most local. Fairly tight course but pretty good greens every time I have been there.

Medal Winner

If you're considering Surrey downs, there is also Kingswood next door, closer is Wimbledon Park (although it is used as a car park during the Tennis, but has very good reciprocals i understand).

I'm pretty local, so if you ever fancy a round let me know.

Have you played Kingswood? What are your thoughts? Playing at Farleigh this week to have a look.

Very kind, I may take you up on that!

Medal Winner

Having never been a member anywhere, i have played most courses in the area, however Kingswood isn't one of them, it does come highly recommended though, and when time allows me to join a club it will be high on the list of options. I have played Surrey downs a couple of times (although the last time was a few years ago in torrential rain), and i'm sure i have played Farleigh but couldn't tell you what it was like, as was probably 7/8 years ago.

How about Dulwich and Sydenham?
    Forever trying.

Assistant Pro

You've got Hampton Court, which is where I play. A very interesting course, an inland links with fallow deer running around in the shadow of Hampton Court Palace.

If you like verdant green parklands then there are some fantastic ones in the area. I have really enjoyed Selsdon Manor, a really beautiful course but can be very slow at the weekends.
    Golf Club - Hampton Court Palace GC

Hanidcap - Pending (playing off about 10)

In the bag - Driver: Titleist 909D3

3-Wood: Mizuno T-Zoid

Irons: 2-9 Ping i3+

Wedges: Ping MB 48, 54, 60 Putter: Yes! Olivia