Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
  1. #41
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,633

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by ScienceBoy
    "Oh gosh darns it" is literally my cathchphrase

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Well if that's as explicit as you get, then not a good idea to play a round with me or Kraxx at the moment, I dare say we could teach you a few new ways of using expletives in sentences. In recent rounds it has been known for entire sentences to be formed entirely of expletives.
    Kuch in disguise?

    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • WilsonStaff DX2
    H'cap J/F M/A M/J J/A S/O N/D end yr review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0

  2. #42
    Tour Rookie londonlewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,476

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    People should control their temper when out on the course, as these stories show.

    http://www.snopes.com/sports/golf/shafted.asp


    Same outcome but different topic, I've never forgotten this story since reading it

    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/golftee.asp
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

  3. #43
    Tour Winner Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,571

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by londonlewis View Post
    People should control their temper when out on the course, as these stories show.

    http://www.snopes.com/sports/golf/shafted.asp


    Same outcome but different topic, I've never forgotten this story since reading it

    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/golftee.asp
    IN regard to the last one, a few clubs I've played at put up warning signs around the first tee telling players that the course has been sprayed and not to place tee in theirs mouths.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

  4. #44
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sarf Lunnon
    Posts
    3,187

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    After a badly missed putt, pick up ball, toss it in the air and try to smash it into next county with a baseball stroke. Miss. Sheepishly pick it up again and walk on to next hole....
    Handicap Challenge - 19.3 (23 Dec)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

  5. #45
    Journeyman Pro srixon 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
    After a badly missed putt, pick up ball, toss it in the air and try to smash it into next county with a baseball stroke. Miss. Sheepishly pick it up again and walk on to next hole....
    I used to do that a lot with regular success. Always aimed somewhere safe as the ball flies off like a bullet. Stopped doing it after I toe ended one onto another green one time and people were putting out. That's when I changed to just throwing it into the bushes. I always blame the ball, especially after a run of bad holes and sometimes just give the 'defective´ ball to one of my oppos.
    Handicap:

    3.5

  6. #46
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,633

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by srixon 1 View Post
    I used to do that a lot with regular success. Always aimed somewhere safe as the ball flies off like a bullet. Stopped doing it after I toe ended one onto another green one time and people were putting out. That's when I changed to just throwing it into the bushes. I always blame the ball, especially after a run of bad holes and sometimes just give the 'defective´ ball to one of my oppos.
    There's no way I'd ever throw a ball I'd paid for into the bushes. It's heartbreaking enough when you lose one in normal play!
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • WilsonStaff DX2
    H'cap J/F M/A M/J J/A S/O N/D end yr review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0

  7. #47
    Q-School Graduate SugarPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    803

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Combination of random Swearing and inanimate objects mixed in with some self loathful comments about taking up fishing
    The Bats:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero
    Titleist 915F 3 Wood
    Cobra KING 2 Iron
    Titleist AP2 716
    Titleist Vokey 50, 56, 60
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red

    Handicap 2017:
    11.6 > 8.0

  8. #48
    Journeyman Pro srixon 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    There's no way I'd ever throw a ball I'd paid for into the bushes. It's heartbreaking enough when you lose one in normal play!
    It's only a bit of plastic. Yes, it hurts when you lose a new ball but when I lose a ball the penalty shots to my score hurts more.

  9. #49
    Tour Rookie londonlewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,476

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by srixon 1 View Post
    It's only a bit of plastic. Yes, it hurts when you lose a new ball but when I lose a ball the penalty shots to my score hurts more.
    You'll never get a job in marketing...
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

  10. #50
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,633

    Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

    Quote Originally Posted by srixon 1 View Post
    It's only a bit of plastic. Yes, it hurts when you lose a new ball but when I lose a ball the penalty shots to my score hurts more.
    Would you pull a £2 coin out of your pocket and lob that into the bushes?
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • WilsonStaff DX2
    H'cap J/F M/A M/J J/A S/O N/D end yr review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

16 Of The Coolest Back Garden Golf Setups

Want to be able to hone your game in the comfort of your own back garden? Here are some incredible back garden golf setups...

February 16, 2018

Current Tour Player Caddie Partnerships

Who do the world's best currently have on their bags?

February 16, 2018

Tiger Woods What’s In The Bag?

The 14-time major winner makes his second start of 2018 this week at Riviera, take a look at the equipment he's using

February 16, 2018

10 Tour Pro Ball Striking Tips

Need help with your ball striking? Check out these superb tips from 10 of the world's best players

February 15, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Rory McIlroy has changed putters this week for the Genesis Open at Riviera

February 15, 2018