Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

I learned my lesson a long time ago. I had a fairly new callaway driver, and after an errant tee shot whacked the ground with it. As I went to put the headcover on the head fell off into my hand. If I have a bad hole now I vent my frustration by throwing the ball away. They are a lot cheaper than a new club or shaft.

Never throw or break anything, as many have mentioned, its too expensive to be doing that. I just get angry and swear and try and put it behind me. I don't like getting angry (and its something I am trying to work on) but when it is something so stupid I sometimes can't help it. It really is the most frustrating game!!
    H/C: 14.8 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Kuro Kage Stiff . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    Never throw or break anything, as many have mentioned, its too expensive to be doing that. I just get angry and swear and try and put it behind me. I don't like getting angry (and its something I am trying to work on) but when it is something so stupid I sometimes can't help it. It really is the most frustrating game!!
    Tell me about it. Recently I've developed this thing where whenever I have to tee off over a lake on a par 3, I completely forget how to hit a golf ball. Two balls buried at sea that way on the last two rounds. Topped both in a way that I never do at any other time. When you know it's in your head but knowing that doesn't get it out of your head - it's hard not to get angry!
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

"Oh gosh darns it" is literally my cathchphrase

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Tell me about it. Recently I've developed this thing where whenever I have to tee off over a lake on a par 3, I completely forget how to hit a golf ball. Two balls buried at sea that way on the last two rounds. Topped both in a way that I never do !
    Don't play the course I just played. You have to hit over wide ravines like 4 times in the round. One which you play over at least twice has a road and a path underneath it, often wit people under it.

Great fun but nervy as!
    Last edited by ScienceBoy; 04-Sep-2017 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceBoy View Post
    "Oh gosh darns it" is literally my cathchphrase

Don't play the course I just played. You have to hit over wide ravines like 4 times in the round. One which you play over at least twice has a road and a path underneath it, often wit people under it.

Great fun but nervy as!
    I'm actually playing a course next week with quite a lot of water dotted around it. Take the bull by the horns and all that. It never used to bother me at all, but just lately it's been happening so I need to get over it asap!
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

My GW went airborne a few weeks ago, went about 10 foot in the air and 20 yards towards my cart. Then I ran after it to make sure I hadn't broken it.......
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5* (set to 8.5) Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff shaft.............Taylormade R15 TP 3 wood Speeder 757 Tour Spec Stiff shaft.............TM Aeroburner 19* hybrid stiff Matrix MX4 White Tie............Mizuno MP15 4-PW Stiff KBS C-taper Tour 120...............MP-T4 50* & 58* TTDG Wedge Flex..............Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 Notchback..................Handicap index 3.2............Member @ http://stoneycreekgolf.com

I've never damaged any clubs.
    But I am quite partial to a good explicit rant.

Challenge Tour Pro

couple of young lads (20s) were behind us yesterday. one of my PPs lost his ball, so we let them play through while we were looking for it. One of the lads hit a decent drive to where we were stood, but then duffed his second, then duffed his third. He finally got it on the green, but took at least 3 putts. He was so annoyed he picked up his ball and hurled it into the trees about 30 yards away! my, how we laughed :-)

Head Pro

I tend to laugh it off/make a joke, iv seen afew of my pps wrap clubs around trees which just makes it more awkward

Q-School Graduate

There is a story that has been round for donkeys years about a pro who threw his bag in to a lake near the 18th. Then remembered his keys wallet etc were in the bag, he walked in the lake retrieved it all then threw the bag back in to the lake.

The other story that I heard was when they drained the lake at Gatton Manor, it did not surprise them about the number of balls in the lake but the number of 8 and 9 irons.