Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

I see he had to putt with assorted woods & irons after damaging his putter on a sprinkler head cover when slamming it down in frustration after a poor putt (changing its playing characteristics)

Got me thinking about what I do (especially on woefully under-hit putts) and it tends to be a swing of the club like there's an imaginary ball getting hit into the nearest water hazard on the fly

What do you do?

and for fun:
    does it matter where your FC's stand
    why do we never see vblog tutorials on these techniques

Re: How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

I value my equipment and our golf course way too highly to damage it by throwing or slamming clubs. Besides, if I were to damage a golf club after every (really) bad shot I hit, I doubt there were any clubs left on this planet. It is way too common an occurence to wast much energy on it. I normally curse a bit, have a few harsh words with myself and at the absolute max might put the club back into the bag with a bit more force than neccessary. I'm a realist. I know it's my fault, not my club's (or the ball's or my playing partners' or ...). So I don't want to do damage to the culprit (me), because even though I suck at golf, I kind of like myself otherwise.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

I have never gotten the rats doh dahs with putting, I have however changed the playing characteristics of a few irons, one went to nest in a tree as well
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Q-School Graduate

Usually with a very big laugh, occasionally with some sort of expletive coupled with the word game.

However I play for fun and not to earn a living.

I vent internally, never externally. I rarely let it really get to me, just on the odd occasion and then I need to have a few seconds of internal anger without speaking before I return to normal. I don't get club bashers, it seems more for show than anything else.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I vent internally, never externally. I rarely let it really get to me, just on the odd occasion and then I need to have a few seconds of internal anger without speaking before I return to normal. I don't get club bashers, it seems more for show than anything else.
    Believe me the millisecond after I have gone past the point of no return I am regretting it, unfortunately that doesn't stop me doing it.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

Changed tack a bit last weekend. Frustration got the better after a lay up off the tee went horribly wrong and I put my third shot into a hedge with a ditch in front of it. Put the club away, turned the speed up to 9 on the trolley and pushed the whole lot into the hedge/ditch. Took me a few minutes to clean it up afterwards but I felt a lot calmer and did well to scramble a 7 as it was a medal round.
    G20, Cobra S9.1 3 wood, TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 6-PW, Titleist 52,56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Scotty Futura X..

Challenge Tour Pro

I always try to stay cool and don't like to show signs of weakness (even when I'm seething inside)

Only once have I lost it and launched my putter. It was on the 7th green

Partly out of frustration about the state of the greens but mostly my inability to adapt (3rd 3-putt of the day after decent approach play)

I was embarrased and immediately apologised to PP's

However it was a great release (of tension not release of the club )

IIRC I finished the rest of the round well

Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bay Hacker View Post
    Changed tack a bit last weekend. Frustration got the better after a lay up off the tee went horribly wrong and I put my third shot into a hedge with a ditch in front of it. Put the club away, turned the speed up to 9 on the trolley and pushed the whole lot into the hedge/ditch. Took me a few minutes to clean it up afterwards but I felt a lot calmer and did well to scramble a 7 as it was a medal round.
    Ha, this one sounds like it would've been good to see

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bay Hacker View Post
    Put the club away, turned the speed up to 9 on the trolley and pushed the whole lot into the hedge/ditch
    Good job there wasn't a pond or lake