Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Club Champion

To all you non members out there...

What do you do to ensure you get regular golf?
    I'm going from being a member of a club for the last 6 years back to being free and easy.
    I'm looking forward to playing different courses again but it feels like there is a fear that I just wont manage to get any games with all of my mates being members elsewhere and primarily playing in comps.
    I've enquired about a local society but they seem to play during the week so I'll struggle with that working mon-fri.

I think I'd probably like to join another club but I'm really looking for more of an associate/flexible membership trying to manage family time/golf.

Re: To all you non members out there...

Where do you play. Lots of clubs run points schemes where you pay to be a member and are given xx amount of credits to redeem against green fees and can top up if necessary. Midweek rounds usually cheaper so if you are flexible on when you can play you should get some good deals

I don't, if I could play regular golf I would get a membership.

As I am very short on time I play local 9 hole courses. At my local par three I can but 10 round tickets at a discount. I play when I have the time, if not it costs me nothing.

Another course offers a discount rate for a one off cost. 150 for one year of half price rounds. 20 weekend rounds to break even.
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Tour Winner

play more golf may be the solution, pay a certain amount that then gives you credits which can be redeemed against rounds, this helps to obtain/maintain an official competition handicap, then visit golfempire or happygolf and take your pick from thousands of opens, competition golf at an affordable level
    IN THE BAG
    Orka GS5 10* Driver, 3 wood, GS5 19*, 22* & 25* hybrid,
    Orka RS5 4-6 irons, Orka RS3 7-PW irons
    Orka J29v 52* 56* wedges, Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo putter

H/C
    2017 start 13.6, >13.7, >13.8, <13.2, >13.3, >13.4, >13.5, >13.6, >13.7, >13.8, >13.9, >15.9, >16.0

Head Pro

I still have not joined a club but am using teeoftimes app regularly - have played some really lovely courses, have used the hot times a lot and so dar am quids in v a club membership and am averaging 2.5 rounds a week
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Looking at all options for next season. A course near me offers to monitor your H/C / reduced fees on rounds / comps for a small fee. This would mean I could play in different clubs opens as well as using online booking for teetimes. Have you got a place that does this?
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Journeyman Pro

The reason why I left my club because I couldn't play regular golf, still the same not being a member. I play maybe once or twice a month, just depends what's happening in non golf world.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Member at Baildon Golf Club

Club Champion

There are a few options near me, I'm based around the Retford area and there are a couple of courses that offer the flexible memberships so that may be option for me. Unfortunately though all of my playing partners are all at clubs where full membership is the only option.
    It seems like a choice for me now to start at a new club and meet new members or start playing on my own a bit more whenever I can't get signed on as a visitor.

Have a look at thesocialgolfer.com . I use it in the Essex area but there seems to be plenty of members in your area , 25 per year for full membership which allows you to arrange or join games , track your handicap . I get a game every week , met some great people and played many courses .
    Callaway FT3 tour 9.5deg neutral grafalloy blue stiff shaft
    or ping G10 10.5 deg stiff shaft
    ping g5 5 wood graphite
    skymax 22deg graphite hybrid
    mizuno jpx800 4i- pw steel shaft
    MD golf Norman Drew low bounce 58deg
    scotty cameron studio stainless putter

srixon ad333
    hillbilly trolley

Assistant Pro

Just perfect 👏 saved a fortune this year and had some great #AwayDays

QUOTE=full_throttle;1743161]play more golf may be the solution, pay a certain amount that then gives you credits which can be redeemed against rounds, this helps to obtain/maintain an official competition handicap, then visit golfempire or happygolf and take your pick from thousands of opens, competition golf at an affordable level[/QUOTE]
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-)**/** 2016: 12.0 > 8.1: **/** 2017: 8.1 > 7.?:**