Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ryder Cup Winner

Re: Any forum love gor a Dundonald outing late October.....?

Quote Originally Posted by HowlingGale View Post
    Not sure how I missed this yesterday. Think £50 is too much for a winter rate. Pretty sure the bogside winter rate is something like £30.
    I agree it's a tad rich I agree but comparing Bogside to Dundonald though?

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I agree it's a tad rich I agree but comparing Bogside to Dundonald though?
    Is Dundonald in twice as good a state in Winter? Not played either in winter so can't comment but just making a general observation that there will be better value elsewhere around that time of year. I enjoyed bogside just as much as Dundonald when I played them. Not sure there was that much difference in quality.

I think Dundonald is more than twice the course Bogside is. Bit I agree 50 for a winter game is rather excessive.
    Some bats flung in a bag all with noodle shafts and plenty of loft.

Tour Rookie

Glasgow Gailes next door is £45 winter rate so I'd suggest £50 is a fair price.

Would also agree that £50 is steep for essentially winter golf but it's always the full course. No mats, winter greens, no taking the ball to the semi rough.

Comparing Dundonald to Bogside is like comparing a Ford Focus to a 5 series BMW.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

When I played bogside it was immaculate, quirky and a truly enjoyable day. When I played Dundonald it was immaculate in parts (think it was 3 greens that were on temps- can't quite remember), so perhaps distorting my view of things. Played both once each and from what I've seen I'd rather play Bogside for about half the price. Anyway it's not my outing and it's being taken off topic.

Ryder Cup Winner

Guys, I'm going to sack this. Thanks for the interest.