Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: returning golf balls

I played consecutive rounds with guys who were playing my lost balls !
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

That's one of the perks of being the only person at my club to play truviz, they always make there way back to me!!

Had a funny situation the other week where I played with a guy I don't normally play with. Used a Pro V1 out my bag that I had found the week before and we hit our balls on a very similar line (albeit mine was fat so obviously the shorter of the two) and he walked straight up to my ball and was about to play it before I stopped him. Turns out it was his ball I had found the week before and we were both playing the same ball! I did return it after the first hole.
    Callaway XR Driver 9, Callaway XR 3 Wood 15, Titleist 906F2 5 Wood 18.5, Mizuno MP-25 Irons 4-Pw, Cleveland 588 RTX 3.0 Wedges 50 54 58, Odyssey Works Versa 1 Putter, Handicap 9.8

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    A mate got 2 dozen balls and 200 tees with his name printed on them as a prezzie . He's lost a all of them and never had any returned.
    How the hell do you lose 200 tees and not find one?

Must hit them a long way!

Tour Rookie

I regularly get my balls returned to me, which is quite nice.

Did have one returned last week at Captains 'prayers' (just the Sunday announcements) which had a big red knob drawn on it.. (it was a provisional) so that created a bit of a giggle!
    Callaway RAZR Black Driver & 4 Wood
    3Hybrid Callaway RAZR
    Soon to be the new Cleveland 588 irons courtesy of GM Magazine :-) thanks guys!
    Odyssey 2 Ball F7 Putter (the bees knees) ;-)

Money List Winner

If I returned all the balls I find I would have to buy some to play with....
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...

Money List Winner

I was on about this only yesterday when Baghead played a provisional, we let through a two ball whilst looking for his first ball. One of the two ball walks past and looks at bag heads ball and says that's mine. It was (previously). Baghead said he would give it him back in the clubhouse but he lost it. 😁

Outta interest. Could you actually give it him back during a hole or would you have to wait til the end of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    I was on about this only yesterday when Baghead played a provisional, we let through a two ball whilst looking for his first ball. One of the two ball walks past and looks at bag heads ball and says that's mine. It was (previously). Baghead said he would give it him back in the clubhouse but he lost it. 

Outta interest. Could you actually give it him back during a hole or would you have to wait til the end of the hole.
    If you're playing a comp round you would have to finish the hole with the ball I would think. Replacing it would be a penalty stroke wouldn't it? Certainly on the fairway - not sure about the green though, if you mark it and pick it up, I would guess you have to put the same ball down again to play. Otherwise you could constantly have two balls on the go, one that was best for striking and a different one that was best for putting...

If you're just playing a friendly with mates though just change whenever you like as long as they're ok with it?
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersoft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

I play Callaway Truvis or Vice Pro Flamingo.....im forever getting them handed back to mr in the bar.

I'm not sure whether that says more about the goodwill of my fellow club members or the amount of balls I leave out there!!
    In the Bag:

TaylorMade M2 Driver w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB Shaft
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Titleist 816H1 17Deg Hybrid
    Titleist 816H1 20 Deg Hybrid
    Callaway Apex CF16 Irons 5-PW
    Edel Trapper Wedges (52/56/60)
    Edel E-2 Putter

My reoccurring nightmare is that should I drop dead my wife will sell my golf gear based on the price I told her I paid....

i would say once lost its lost and keep any I've found.

i did return a ball to someone i know though, was marked stolen from " so and so" he was amused it gave it to him. But it was a crap WarBird though
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

I always keep one of Fragger's lost ones in my pocket - just in case I need to make him think he's played a wrong ball....😁😙
    Epic 10
    Fusion 3w 15
    Big Bertha 5w 19
    Big Bertha 4h 22
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...