Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Lunch

Ryder Cup Winner

Re: Sunday Lunch

Surprised that folk still do Sunday lunch, we stopped doing that years ago.
    We tend to eat in the early evening gives you the whole day to enjoy.

BTW grandpa complaining about 15 year old grandson's behaviour is not cool.
    Try to remember how you behaved at 15.

I can remember Sunday lunch with the family at that age, would have happily been anywhere else. Boring and being with mates or girlfriend much more appealing.

Nowadays I love Sunday lunch with the family with wine and chat but it's definitely an age thing.

In all honesty I think most 15yr old boys would be the same and so you grandson is not an exception.
    In the Bag:

TaylorMade M2 Driver w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB Shaft
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Titleist 816H1 17Deg Hybrid
    Titleist 816H1 20 Deg Hybrid
    Callaway Apex CF16 Irons 5-PW
    Edel Trapper Wedges (52/56/60)
    Edel E-2 Putter

My reoccurring nightmare is that should I drop dead my wife will sell my golf gear based on the price I told her I paid....

Exactly what road2ruin wrote. Be grateful these gatherings have lasted so long.

Invite his girlfriend round for Sunday then.......

Just highlighting something. You're bored with his football chat.... I wonder what part of the family chat he's bored with?

They don't stay kids forever, and you shouldn't make them. Let him go with a smile, even though it hurts, and you're more likely to see him back when he grows up.
    Give it big humpties

Money List Winner

Well I have to say you have got one normal grandson there. Woman and football. Two outta three is not bad. What else is there at 15 yr old. Me I would hammer the football talk whilst he is there and then talk old fogey stuff when he has gone. If you want him to stay longer introduce him to the third sin. Beer. He won't bother about women then.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Most Sundays I come home to a fab Sunday lunch made by my wife. Our small family are all there. Son, new D-I-L and two grand kids and my mum. Wine doth flow and we have a great time. Thing is our eldest GK is 15, and he has taken to leaving us after a couple of hours. This is starting to get on me wick a bit. It seems like he's just popping in for a re-fuel, after his footie match in the morning, then can't get away fast enough. His conversation is extremely limited, football, football, football and football. I'm sure this would widen if he joined in. He's got a girlfriend, and this is where he is zooming off to. I think he should see her on Saturday and then join us for the Sunday afternoon. Lordy it's only 2pm until 6pm

Am I being a horrible Grandad?
    I think you are. Maybe he doesn't like sitting around watching his parents and grandparents getting pissed?

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I think you are. Maybe he doesn't like sitting around watching his parents and grandparents getting pissed?
    😂😂 😂

Family is a big thing for me; and as such I am on your side with this one pal!

For me I'd suggest getting his GF around to welcome into the family. You never know she might enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegsie View Post
    Family is a big thing for me; and as such I am on your side with this one pal!

For me I'd suggest getting his GF around to welcome into the family. You never know she might enjoy it.
    Or she might dump his grandson for making her sit around watching the old people get pissed 😂