Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Playing partners talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    From the R&A Rules of Golf

No Disturbance or Distraction
    Players should always show consideration for other players on the course and should not disturb their play by moving, talking or making unnecessary noise.

I think that proves that way too many people on this forum have no sense of true etiquette and only adhere to the rules of golf when it suits them.
    I'm sorry but no one in this thread has said they show anything but consideration towards their PP - I have played with a good deal forum members at meets up and down the country and every single one has been respectful, adhere to the rules of golf and follow clear etiquette

Extremely poor post to point fingers of accusation at people like that

What I have found out though is talking to your PP throughout the round means you are a hacker and don't take the game seriously- apparently

Blackballed

Players should always show consideration for other players on the course and should not disturb their play by moving, talking or making unnecessary noise.

I think that proves that way too many people on this forum have no sense of true etiquette and only adhere to the rules of golf when it suits them.
    Totally agree mate,theres been so many forum members on here saying thats its ok to talk whilst a player is taking their shot that its simply shocking and a sign of the times,I for one would have no inteterst in teeing it up with any of them.

Nothing better than ripping your zip down fast on your bag when youre PP has just gone 1 up and is in his back swing You can tell it affects people differently by the size of the divot they create, which at times goes further than the ball

Club Champion

How does this cover myself when I'm talking and hitting at the same time? I can't bare the silence. It's distracting!
    Silence I find is too taxing and makes me overthink. I need to be swinging subconsciously. I need to be loose and ideally breathing.
    Ill add that I'm quiet when it's required!

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    Totally agree mate,theres been so many forum members on here saying thats its ok to talk whilst a player is taking their shot that its simply shocking and a sign of the times,I for one would have no inteterst in teeing it up with any of them.
    I bet they're gutted.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by woody69 View Post
    I bet they're gutted.
    Lol

Golf is a social game and it is good to chat. However, the one thing that this thread has taught me is, when I next play with someone I haven't played with before, I need to ask them at what point in their shot preparation do they want me to keep quiet.
    Slinfold Golf & Country Club (Handicap 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Kid View Post
    Golf is a social game and it is good to chat. However, the one thing that this thread has taught me is, when I next play with someone I haven't played with before, I need to ask them at what point in their shot preparation do they want me to keep quiet.
    Or just play it safe and finish talking as they start their practise swings. I don't think we need to over-complicate things. When I'm playing with people I haven't played with before I just try and only talk when we're walking, then there's no grey area.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersoft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Or just play it safe and finish talking as they start their practise swings. I don't think we need to over-complicate things. When I'm playing with people I haven't played with before I just try and only talk when we're walking, then there's no grey area.
    Thats multi tasking. I cant do that.

Quote Originally Posted by woody69 View Post
    I bet they're gutted.
    Quality