Thread: Team Golf

Q-School Graduate

Team Golf

Hi All

Long time since i last posted

This Friday, i am playing with a couple of my cousins in a charity competition at a decent local course.

I've read the memo they received regarding the event, its 4man teams with best 2 scores counting on each hole.

I have never played in one of these before, and was wondering what happens in terms of the general play

Do you go round in a 4 ball with just your team mates?

Thanks in advance
    Driver: Orka GS5 10.5* with Wishon White S Flex shaft
    Fairway: Orka GS5 15* with Wishon White S Flex shaft
    Hybrid: Orka GS5 19* with Wishon White Hybrid S Flex shaft
    Irons: Orka GS5 OS, 4 to PW, with Rifle 5.5 Stepless Shafts
    Wedges: Maltby CER Milled 52* and 56* with S Flex shafts
    Putter: Maltby CER

Re: Team Golf

Yes, usually.....
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Yes, usually.....
    Thanks

Wasnt sure if you went round with say 1 of your team and 2 from another team to avoid any disputes if a team came in with huge points tally

Quote Originally Posted by Big D 88 View Post
    Thanks

Wasnt sure if you went round with say 1 of your team and 2 from another team to avoid any disputes if a team came in with huge points tally
    We are all honest enough, that would never happen... right?
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceBoy View Post
    We are all honest enough, that would never happen... right?
    I know some of the players in other teams, it'll be interesting

Winter Open at Porthcawl a couple of years back.... late February, freezing cold 35mph wind....this format - ie 2 from 4. One team came in about 15 points clear.... even the Secretary looked embarrassed handing over the swag, um, I mean prizes
    Scotty flat stick

Q-School Graduate

Well our team scored 88 points (scored 37 pts personally), which when handing in the card were told the current leaders are on 94....conditions were windy but the course was in great nick. I had to leave before the prize givings to attend a family birthday

Just caught up with the lads from my team tonight and the winning team scored 105, 11 points clear of 2nd! with two of their team getting 1st and 3rd in the individual scores with 46 and 42. The lad with 46 points collected 1 of the 2 longest drive prizes and the two members of the team who didn't collect individual points prizes had 2 of the 4 nearest the pin prizes.

There were 21 teams of 4, and this group collected 6 of the 9 prizes on the day ... apparently there were a few murmurings in the room

Well our team scored 88 points (scored 37 pts personally), which when handing in the card were told the current leaders are on 94....conditions were windy but the course was in great nick. I had to leave before the prize givings to attend a family birthday

Just caught up with the lads from my team tonight and the winning team scored 105, 11 points clear of 2nd! with two of their team getting 1st and 3rd in the individual scores with 46 and 42. The lad with 46 points collected 1 of the 2 longest drive prizes and the two members of the team who didn't collect individual points prizes had 2 of the 4 nearest the pin prizes.

There were 21 teams of 4, and this group collected 6 of the 9 prizes on the day ... apparently there were a few murmurings in the room
    I once heard of some notorious North Wales team who put in a 108 in the same format. They were going around their area hoovering up opens, and I can only presume that they were cheats.

If my maths is correct, it means all 4 of them more going around in an equivalent of 8 under handicap (each) and dovetailing perfectly.......

Mmm what are the chances?
    Scotty flat stick

Played in a same format couple of years ago with similar scoring. The room to a man roundly booed the team when they went forward to collect their prizes.
    To avoid this it is better to have the 4 split into 2 teams of 2 out with a different pair then each pair is better ball with both teams scores added at the end to give a total.
    Taylormade M2 Driver
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood
    Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid
    Titleist AP1 716 5-W Irons
    Cleveland 54o 588 RTX 2.0 Wedge
    Cleveland 56o 588 RTX 2.0 Sand Iron
    Cleveland 58o 588 RTX 2.0 Wedge
    Scotty Studio Fastback 1.0 Putter

Titleist Pro V1

Member of-
    http://www.glenberviegolfclub.com

Handicap 19