Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay etiquette

Journeyman Pro

Re: eBay etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    I have suddenly developed that uncomfortable eBay squeaky bum moment. Hope it works out well for you. If they are a PGA pro trying to make a few bob on the Side. he/she is going a crap way about it.
    Got his name via PayPal... so is a pro
    Cheerio

Q-School Graduate

Did you check the despatch time on listing.

I always list with a despatch time of 2 days but it is amazing how many buyers read that as delivery within two days.

It is very easy to miss when the seller adds a note about being away and unable to despatch untilXX.

If its a business on there I expect it to arrive on time. I cut personal sellers some slack as they are just regular Joes punting stuff on. They have work and family lives that sometimes get in the way.

I wait a week before sending any 'where is my item' requests. its just the nature of the beast.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

I sold a hybrid on Sunday evening and at 6am Tuesday morning got an abrupt sounding message "have you sent it yet" - felt that was poor etiquette on the buyer's part. Not everyone bothers to "mark as despatched" so I'd be waiting until the expected delivery date passes before chasing.

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by harpo_72 View Post
    So bought or was highest bidder on a club. Sent payment within 10minutes.. club was supposed to be shipped out on 48 hr parcel force. No dispatch notice, and it's now been 4 days.
    Jeez give the guy a chance!! First opportunity to post would be Tuesday and 48hr delivery would be sometime today. Be honest, have you sold anything on ebay and taken a day or two to post it? I know I have.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    Jeez give the guy a chance!! First opportunity to post would be Tuesday and 48hr delivery would be sometime today. Be honest, have you sold anything on ebay and taken a day or two to post it? I know I have.
    Don't agree. If something is listed as being shipped out via 48hr Parcelforce and it's now Thursday and still not dispatch that means (assuming it hasn't been dispatched and the guy has forgotten to update the page) the earliest it will go is tomorrow which means delivery may be Monday. That's over a week to get the item which in my eyes isn't good enough.
    In the Bag:

TaylorMade M2 Driver w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB Shaft
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Titleist 816H1 17Deg Hybrid
    Titleist 816H1 20 Deg Hybrid
    Callaway Apex CF16 Irons 5-PW
    Edel Trapper Wedges (52/56/60)
    Edel E-2 Putter

My reoccurring nightmare is that should I drop dead my wife will sell my golf gear based on the price I told her I paid....

If seller hadn't provided a tracking number I might be a little concerned and asking after that...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by road2ruin View Post
    Don't agree. If something is listed as being shipped out via 48hr Parcelforce and it's now Thursday and still not dispatch that means (assuming it hasn't been dispatched and the guy has forgotten to update the page) the earliest it will go is tomorrow which means delivery may be Monday. That's over a week to get the item which in my eyes isn't good enough.
    How do you know it hasn't been dispatched? Just because the guy hasn't marked it as dispatched doesn't mean he hasn't posted it yet.

Journeyman Pro

Marked as dispatched plus tracking number - looks all good
    Cheerio

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    How do you know it hasn't been dispatched? Just because the guy hasn't marked it as dispatched doesn't mean he hasn't posted it yet.
    I did put that in my post, assuming that he had dispatched and simply forgotten to mark as such on the item.
    In the Bag:

TaylorMade M2 Driver w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB Shaft
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Titleist 816H1 17Deg Hybrid
    Titleist 816H1 20 Deg Hybrid
    Callaway Apex CF16 Irons 5-PW
    Edel Trapper Wedges (52/56/60)
    Edel E-2 Putter

My reoccurring nightmare is that should I drop dead my wife will sell my golf gear based on the price I told her I paid....